This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    Lol, ole Jimbo counted his eggs too quickly and told all the defensive kids they were/are recruiting Aranda was a done deal.

The news of Mike Elko accepting the Texas A&M defensive coordinator role came after the conclusion on Thursday’s practice, but shortly before that news broke four-star linebacker DaShaun White expressed disappointment at the news from a day earlier that Dave Aranda had turned down the coordinator position at A&M and would be staying at LSU. “I just thought it was already done. Coach (Jimbo) Fisher said they already had (a coordinator), so I thought around this time (the news) would drop.”
    Do not see anything in this statement that indicated he was told it would be Aranda. Based on how quickly Elko came on board after the miss on Aranda, maybe Jimbo knew that Elko was on board if he missed on Aranda; therefore, he had a coordinator.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
      Do not see anything in this statement that indicated he was told it would be Aranda. Based on how quickly Elko came on board after the miss on Aranda, maybe Jimbo knew that Elko was on board if he missed on Aranda; therefore, he had a coordinator.
      White was talking about Aranda and expected it to be announced. That's specifically who they discussed and it was a subject of discussion for the writers. Just like your Aggie brethern on this board were certain of it.

Comment

College Football - Bowl Thread

If y’all recall Jimbo circled the Elko wagon very early on, soon after Pruitt let it be know he wasn’t leaving Bama. If you recall Elko never officially turned down the offer or went public but Brian Kelly released a statement saying he had been approached and Elko wasn’t leaving ND.

So the push for Arranda was real but Elko was apparently in the background as a fall back all along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It will be interesting to see if Elko can get back in on some of the kids he has been recruiting to ND. Not sure how many of them may have already signed during the early period.

Comment

Maybe Texas should go the LSU route and promote their DC to HC in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
              So the push for Arranda was real but Elko was apparently in the background as a fall back all along.
              You mean as a second choice?

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                You mean as a second choice?
                You know you have reached elite when Elko is #2.

Comment

They looked his way before Arranda from what I understand. They talked and moved on to Arranda. Take that however you want. I don’t care if he was second or sixth. They got a guy they really like at quite a bit less than 2.5 per year like L$U ponies up.

Comment

TU and uncle Red doing work. Everybody getting F250’s

Comment

Could Spav be the next OC in Baton Rouge?

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                        Could Spav be the next OC in Baton Rouge?

3x5 cards are ready.
                        Run, run, pass, punt

Comment

Originally posted by cpr1979 View Post
                          TU and uncle Red doing work. Everybody getting F250’s

Hmmmmm

Comment

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I guess this is where you got your Ossai news.

[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
                                Maybe Texas should go the LSU route and promote their DC to HC in the near future.

Almost forgot I owe you an avatar. When the one from Rubi513 runs out you can use this one..Enjoy

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	24526143

Comment

Working...
                                X