X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ATTACH]890431[/ATTACH]

Comment

Playoff system will never be perfect, but 8 teams would help. Easy enough to have all Power 5 conference champs, one Group of 5 conference champ, plus 2 at-large picks. This would allow for a second pick from one or more strong conferences or to allow some phenomenal small school to have a shot at answering things like Smart's hypothetical on UCF. (Yes, I realize UCF could have been the Group of 5 rep in the above scenario. What if there was another deserving team?)

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Funny. But he won’t go #1.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
          The BCS is not perfect either but at least takes emotion out of it. The problem currently is all games don't matter and you get no reward for winning essentially. It is what it is....
          But they are more or less the exact same thing, aren't they? The emotion isn't making it different from the BCS...at all.

Comment

Just do a playoff bracket and let the teams decide who is the best

Comment

Good for you Chad. You are one of the few SECers that don't
              Not so fast there Mr. Smart

I would never pull for Nikki Saban and was definitely hopeful for an OU/Clemson Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                Not so fast there Mr. Smart

I would never pull for Nikki Saban and was definitely hopeful for an OU/Clemson Championship.

Hahahaha....I said few..

Comment

Hahahaha....I said few..
                  10-4 nothing to boast about for a conference. 4-5 is keep your mouth shut results.

Comment

8 team playoff

Alabama gets lifetime pass....

Who are the other 7 teams ?

Comment

Hahahaha....I said few..
                      10-4 nothing to boast about for a conference. 4-5 is keep your mouth shut results.

Comment

LMAO!! you are going to hang your hat on that?

a blocked FG is the only reason they won this game.

SEC SPECIAL TEAMS ARE THE BEST!!!! MVP....FG blocker!!
                        Had it been Texas, it would have been the greatest thing since the parting of the Red Sea.....guess we don’t have to worry about that. They can’t through that Big12 gauntlet unscathed.

Comment

Hahahaha! Hook em!
                          And still finished one game over .500....Hook’em!!

Comment

Moral victories? Not even close. I didn't say they did win you chicken plucking winder likker. I said they would have a chance.

Please keep up.....
                            Somebody’s Butt Hurt!! SEC SEC SEC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                              But they are more or less the exact same thing, aren't they? The emotion isn't making it different from the BCS...at all.
                              So far it has lined up but I doubt it will always be the case. You should also be rewarded for winning(the only thing that solves this is expanding the playoff). In the current system, teams that make the playoff and don't even play in their conference championship game are essentially awarded with an extra week of rest, training room, etc.

Comment

Speaking of funny to follow on these threads are the Aggys coming to the defense of SEC defenses when they don't play a lick of it themselves.....now that is comical.

Add in folks that try to shoe-horn in terms like "moral victories" into places they don't even make sense and its adds to the comedy value. You'd think they don't even know what it means.
                                Yeah that’s almost as bad as North Texas and Texas State grads arguing with Aggie Grads about Longhorn football.

Comment

Working...
                                X