Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Who Else Is Paying $1000/month For Health Insurance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over $1200 a month

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
      $2650.00 a month for the 2 of us. 10K deductible each.
      Going over 60 is crazy.
      Not looking forward to next year.............
      I assume you aren’t Medicare eligible yet and this is a private primary plan as a retiree?

Comment

Depressing thread

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
          Our insurance went down the tank this year. Company switched to high deductible health plan (HDHP). Cheapest option we have for myself and my wife is $600/month and $3200 deductible.

And your copays do not kick in until after your reach your deductible.

Comment

Retire from the army, 49 dollars a month whole family

Comment

My wife turned 65 in September, got SS and her new supplemental policy went to 88 dollars a month. There is one advantage to getting old!

Comment

I am at $1100 per month for the family

Comment

Almost at $1k but the real kick in the shorts comes when they dont want to cover any claims or deny payment after a procedure was pre-approved. A lot of insurance companys are adopting those practices just to see if they can get anyone to fall for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                    I assume you aren’t Medicare eligible yet and this is a private primary plan as a retiree?
                    Small company owner. No group. Not retired yet - best plan we can afford with BCBS. 16 months till I qualify. Karen 5 more years.
                    The 30K a year of insurance we pay taxes on that income making it really 38K a year.
                    There are a bunch of us on the GS at this level.....
                    Bet next year will be crazy.....

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                      And your copays do not kick in until after your reach your deductible.
                      Correct, and the out of pocket maximum is like 6K. The other two options they had were a $6500 deductible or a ~$12K deductible

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                        Small company owner. No group. Not retired yet - best plan we can afford with BCBS. 16 months till I qualify. Karen 5 more years.
                        The 30K a year of insurance we pay taxes on that income making it really 38K a year.
                        There are a bunch of us on the GS at this level.....
                        Bet next year will be crazy.....
                        Oh wow. Thanks for clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                          Out of curiousity, are most of you guys with crazy high rates self insured or with companies?

S-Corp, Do consulting and contract work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Insurance premiums need to increase to cover those who do not pay but can got a how your wages are spent.

Comment

Insurance through my employer is $670/mo for entire family for medical, dental, vision, some extra life and disability and misc stuff.

Curious if you guys with the outrageous rates have shopped around, and dare I say tried the healthcare marketplace debacle? Couple guys I know were having the same issue, apparently got good rates through the healthcare.gov site.

Comment

Trump's decision to end cost-sharing payments throws the individual health-insurance market into chaos just as the fall enrollment season is about to begin.

Now it's Congress's responsibility to shore up the law and stabilize the health-care system.

Comment

Working...
                                X