No announcement yet.

Ranch Investor Wisdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most useful tips for new landowners: 1) Availability of sufficient potable water and electric power NEAR the locations where they will be needed 2) Mineral Rights (if you do not own 100%) put your hunting at risk for future drilling/production activity by the holder 3) Use a drone to examine adjacent lands for feeders/blinds

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
      My opinion, which is worth what you paid for it, is not to buy a ranch as an investment. Buy it because you want to own a ranch. You'll probably make money when you go to sell it, but it will probably be less than you would have made if you'd put that money in a different investment.

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
      I can say that land is one of the best investments a person can make, both in memories and financially.

Land usually averages 8% increase year over year, and can accelerate much beyond that. We saw 30-50% increases in land in some areas since this post was made
      Fun to see my old perspective from back then bumped up - we definitely saw the ranch as a labor of love. It's still for sale! https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=865735

Comment

Working...
      X