Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What coneal carry pistol does your wife Carry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S&W shield 9mm

Comment

My wife stole my sig p238

Comment

My wife carries a Walther PPS M2 with XS big dot sights. Sweet little rig for sure.

Comment

Sig Sauer P938 Equinox. She loves the fact that it handles extremely well for a pocket sized 9mm and looks classy to boot. I’ve seen her keep a 3” 7 round group at 10 yards with it.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
            The problem with that type of trigger pull is the long heavy action similar to a double action revolver. I noticed that many of the recommendations have similar long and heavier double action trigger pulls including revolvers. There are nothing wrong with these types of guns however they are not for everyone, particularly a new shooter or at least without a lot of range time that most people simply do not have the time or money to do. It seems like some of the recommendations are just trading one handgun for another with nearly identical characteristics.

Sometimes it isn’t the trigger that is the main culprit but the big bang and their anticipation of it. So.... before I moved on with a new handgun, I might want to make sure it is the trigger causing the problem and not just what is somewhat a typical beginner’s mistake. If possible have her try out an xD, M&P, Glock or other striker fire handgun. If she shoots them significantly better then or at least without the same issue, it would likely be time to find out which pistol of that type she likes the feel of the grip and trigger.

If a person can’t shoot a S&W revolver very well, it isn’t likely that switching to a Colt or Ruger revolver will make much difference. I kind of feel that way with some of these recommendations. It is not the gun per se but the type of trigger. If the longer and heavier trigger pull is the problem then going to another gun with the same type of action will likely not help.

In my opinion.
            Probably a good observation. I think I am going to carry her to a range that rents pistols this weekend to try a few. Just wanted to get a short list ( though it is not that short )

Comment

P238 and G 26

Comment

No wife here but my mom usually carries a Ruger LC9.

Comment

My wife carries hormones, anger at teenage daughters and frustration at me. Gun? She'll kill you with a look.

Plus she carries a G27

Comment

Both wife and daughter have Taurus ultralight model 85,SS,38 spcl. + P,with the hammer bobbed and a trigger job.

Comment

Colt Mustang Pocketlite .380 with a laser on it has been really nice to carry. Great trigger, too.

Comment

Springfield xds 9.

Comment

Glock 42.

I want to upgrade to the 43 to match me.

Comment

Kimber Micro 9

Comment

Mine does not carry - just keeps s&w revolver close to her at the house. I love how all of you guys made sure the wife carries. A gun is an accessory to my wife and just one more thing to worry about. I figure if she has a revolver close at home and practices often, then that is not too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                                Both my wife and daughter carry the Taurus TCP .380 with some small mods. Good little guns.

I have this model as well. Not a fan of the trigger. Did you do any mods to the trigger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X