Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to preserve a lawnmower for 20yr storage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you questioning more now.....

How to store the mower or why on earth did i start this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      He wants the mower to work in 20 years unlike his balls that quit working.
      Prob didn't quit. Just in dry dock.

Comment

Have a time value of money conversation, and then sell the mower and buy a good mutual fund with the proceeds. In 20 years, you can buy a new robot laser mower for your new yard with part of the mutual fund money. You can buy your wife a new purse to carry your nuts around in with the rest.

Just kidding, brother. Kinda.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          Have a time value of money conversation, and then sell the mower and buy a good mutual fund with the proceeds. In 20 years, you can buy a new robot laser mower for your new yard with part of the mutual fund money. You can buy your wife a new purse to carry your nuts around in with the rest.

Just kidding, brother. Kinda.

Comment

I can't believe this thread is still going. But I'm thankful for getting to learn from the OP's experience and all of the combined wisdom of the Green Screen. And, sorry about your balls.

Comment

Rumor around the Astros clubhouse:

Much like the ceremonial retirement of Carlos Beltran's glove, the Astros are considering the same type of ceremony for Man's ballz..............

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
                So I have to ask (none of my business so feel free to ignore me) but what is her reasoning for insisting on keeping it?

Ever buy a motorcycle that has been sitting in a barn for 20 years? I have. It's pretty much a complete rebuild to make it run/reliable again.
                She probably told him to buy it to keep the grass mowed and doesn't want to admit she's wrong.......

OP, you could just sell it and tell her its stored at a friends place under climate controlled and use the money for a deer rifle. Then 20 years from now buy a new one the same color and show her how well it was stored. As long as its the same color she'll never know the difference....
                Last edited by Thumper; 11-23-2017, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have an edger that I bought brand new a year ago last august. SOB needs a carb job to start after sitting a year. You're nuts. Not going to pile on about your nuts though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Trade it for $2200 worth of goats and release them on the 10 acres. You will never have to mow and wife can call them her pets.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        Thanks guys....I'm considering putting it on the classified here and dealing with the consequences (after thanksgiving). The couple times I have mentioned selling it went south quickly. It already doesn't start again from sitting in storage with gas left in it.
                        How much is storage going to cost for 20 years?

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                          How much is storage going to cost for 20 years?
                          all of his dignity.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                            I have nothing to add that hasn't already been eloquently said, so I'll just pad my post count.
                            Maybe keep an eye on eBay for some Bruce Jenner used parts?

Comment

Sell it

Comment

Update: Wife decided to finally agree to sell it

Comment

Working...
                                X