Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

First bow buck and biggest buck I've taken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the story starts two weeks ago when I goofed up on a chip shot on our little place in Damon. Had a 120" 10 at 20yards and hit the pop up. Was talking to my buddy about and it and said man I got the perfect deer for your first bow kill. Well I will never turn down a hunt and sure enough it was the perfect buck. I get to his place Friday around noon and we get everything situated. Friday evening we have several younger deer come in and eat corn. As we watch several deer in front of us I catch movement in the woods. All the sudden all the deer at the corn get a little skittish and big boy makes his way in. He comes in gets broadside then we get busted. All the deer run off snorting and stomping, I was sick to my stomach. Next morning we get out there and not 20 min after getting in the blind he shows up. Time slowly creeped by as we waited for it to get light enough to see my pins. As it finally gets shooting more deer had filtered in and got in front of the target buck. The time finally come he was 21 yards slightly quartering away and away from the others. I draw back and the next thing I heard was whack. I looked at my buddy and he said you just smoked him. I was in disbelief I couldn't grasp what had just happened. We give it a while and go look at the arrow and it was covered in bright red blood. As we start looking though there was no blood on the ground, then I start second guessing my shot and replaying through my head. As I'm stilllooking for blood my buddy calls me over to where he is and says come look at this. Low and behold deer was Piled up not 80 yards from the shot. Hope y'all enjoyed the story will work on better pics.

Comment

Nice buck!

Comment

Congrats on a great first with a bow!

Comment

Couple more pics
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice! Congrats

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations on a great first bow buck.

Comment

Good work

Comment

Congrats Heck of a Buck

Comment

Nice buck. Congrats.

Comment

Good looking buck. Congrats

Comment

Awesome buck. Congratulations

Comment

Awesome buck! Congrats