No announcement yet.

Hunting/fishing Life goals???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine is a 200 inch low fence deer in the next 5 year I probably wouldn’t stop hunting but I would slow way down!

Comment

1) 10 lb bass. I've caught a couple over 7.

2) 30 inch speck. Closest I've come is 26 (twice)

3) 150 class whitetail on a hunt where I'm not paying by the inch. We won a draw hunt on the chap a couple years ago and I shot a pretty 130-inch 10-point early in the hunt. I was very happy with my deer, but two evenings later I had a 10 that would've probably been low 150s hang out in my corn for 45 minutes and I just had to watch him

4) catch a peacock bass in South America on topwater. Not sure if I'll ever have the extra dough to make this one happen

5) trophy elk

6) trophy mulie

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
        The only goal I have is a 30" trout. I've gotten within a 1/4 of an inch but not quite there. I've fished in several states and the east coast VA, NC and SC, Florida and Louisiana, offshore, nearshore but I sure do love wade fishing Matagorda Bay.

Me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Fishing:
          Tarpon on the fly
          Bone fish on the fly
          Permit on the fly
          Sight cast to tailing reds
          30” brown trout
          30lb+ ulua
          Fish out of Venice, LA

Hunting:
          Kill 1st buck
          Western mule deer hunt
          Elk with a bow
          Moose
          Hunt whitetail somewhere without cows on the property. I hate cows

Comment

Fishing: Catch a Tripletail and a Snook on a flyrod
            Hunting: Take a 140 class or bigger whitetail. Take a elk and Axis, all with a bow

Comment

In no particular order
              Ten pound largemouth. Have four or five over 8, biggest is 8.82 so far.
              Fox with my Ruger Single Six.
              Black bear, with a bow if possible.
              Mule deer, never killed one.

Comment

My goals? Nothing quantified, but since I'm 71, I just want to be able to keep on getting into the stand, shoot my bows, hunt wtd and feral hogs. Not sure what life would be without these things in my activities.

Comment

Big ones...but they are goals and not dreams since I have a plan.

North American 10 completely DIY
                  Antelope ✓
                  Bear (2018?)
                  Bison (2019? Wyoming draw and/or Musk Ox)
                  Caribou (2018 North Slope)
                  Deer ✓
                  Elk ✓
                  Moose (2018 Brooks Range)
                  Mountain Lion (2020)
                  Mountain Goat (2019 Kodiak)
                  Sheep (2018/2019/2020 attempts)

Alligator was a bonus this year, but will be applying for tags in Florida to go back and do it again for a bigger one.

Fishing, I want to catch all the salmon species on fly and snook, tarpon, bonefish, and permit.

Comment

I agree!! I have goals. I'm planning a 2018 bear hunt myself and I'm working on catching a permit too.

Comment

1) Fair-chase Bull Elk by bow.

2) 300# class Bluefin Tuna on stand-up gear.

That's all.

Comment

Elk with my recurve....ny elk including a cow would suffice
                        Mule deer with my recurve.....any size would suffice
                        140+ white tail with my recurve....ive gotten close with a couple in the 135 range
                        Kill anything with my Hawken
                        Kill any deer with my 357 , this just became a goal recently

Comment

I don't set any personal goals but I've been very blessed to have lived and worked on all coastlines of the USA which includes Alaska. And some of my goals are not to kill, catch and or release, they are simply life visual goals of seeing these animals in their habitat and having the opportunity to be there for days, weeks, months and even years to understand them well enough, to be part of that scene. Serving 20 years in the USCG, allowed me to live and work with my time off....to pursue and engage many wonderful opportunities.

I could type up a list of the species I've pursued and either tagged, ate and or released, that would run down dozens of lines.

Texas (Upper coast and South Texas)
                          Florida (Keys & Biscayne Bay to Naples)
                          Virginia (Eastern Shore & Chesapeake Bay) Fished inshore, barrier island and offshore canyons
                          North Carolina (Cape Hatteras, Albermarle and Pamlico Sounds)
                          Alaska (Kodiak Island, Ketchikan, Juneau, Nome, Dutch Harbor, St Matthews)
                          Caribbean Sea (Puerto Rico, Cuba, St Marteen, Martinique, St Croix, St Kitts, Aruba & Curacao)
                          California
                          Oregon
                          Washington State

I've been very blessed.

Comment

28"+ flounder
                            Elk/mule deer with bow
                            I will put a nephew or niece on CCA winning flounder for a college scholarship.

Comment

I have set 3 Goals that I hope I can achieve in the near future:

1. Overnight kayak fishing trip while spending the night on an island cooking what we catch. Used to do this as a kid, and we had a blast.

2. Go mule deer hunting in West Texas. My late Grandpa had a lease in the Sanderson area for many years, and I have a lot of memories out there.

3. Get on a lease where I can share memories with my wife and kids.

Comment

Working...
                              X