Supressor question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supressor question?

I have read that you are not supposed to use a suppressor that you cant be take apart and cleaned with a rimfire or .22 type shell. Because they are hard and extremely dirty on the cans. I know there are suppressors only for .22's.

My question for you suppressor guys is. Is this also true for a .17, being it is a rimfire too?

Thanks
    Last edited by Abcdj; 11-17-2017, 11:35 AM.

Yes, and I would use the same can for the .17 as I have for my .22. There may be one but I haven't seen one that is .17 specific.

Comment

Yes, but not to the same extent. The copper jacket of 17 does help keep a bit cleaner, but it’s still getting as much powder residue.

Comment

Originally posted by Mesquite Archer View Post
        Yes, and I would use the same can for the .17 as I have for my .22. There may be one but I haven't seen one that is .17 specific.
        I believe some 22 cans are not rated for 17 HMR.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
          Just about every mag rated 22 Can will handle the HMR.

Comment

Trying to avoid the lead build up explaining why most cans are serviceable

Avoid lead on the 17 and you’re solid (to my knowledge)

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
              You are correct, mine is by Thompson Machine and will handle both.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                Just about every mag rated 22 Can will handle the HMR.
                My liberty regulator will work as well.

Comment

I have a silencerco Harvester rated to 300 win. Not worried about that part of it. I am almost certain that I cannot take it apart and clean it.
                  So it's not good for a.22. But it is ok in moderation with a .17 from what I am reading.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

I wouldnt think shooting a 17 hmr through a 30 cal can would be effective at all really. like throwing a hot dog down a hallway.

Get another 22 cal suppressor, theyre cheap anyways, maybe $400 with the stamp included.

Comment

Silencer shop is having a sale. Buy a .45 cal sig suppressor and get the .22 for free.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                        Get another 22 cal suppressor, theyre cheap anyways, maybe $400 with the stamp included.
                        What rimfire silencer worth owning costs $180 before sales tax?

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                          Silencer shop is having a sale. Buy a .45 cal sig suppressor and get the .22 for free.
                          Ok, can someone buy the 45 on their stamp. Then i pay them half of the 45 and get the 22 on my stamp ?
                          Or would it be cheaper to just buy my own 22?

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                            Shop I got my Omega 300 from had the radical firearms 22 for $150 and an AAC Aviator for $205 when I went in last week. Then again they couldve been liquidating their inventory, heck idk I never really looked into 22 suppressors so I dont know if theyre worth a dang. Just going off what I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post

I actually purchased a spectre II from silencershop for $99 when I purchased my specwar a few years back.

Comment

Working...
                              X