Route through Dallas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
    I personally would go I35W through Fort Worth, not sure why you are coming down on 75?

Anyway, as mentioned you should be fine. IF you are hitting it at rush hour you can take Hwy 75 to the George Bush tollway headed east. Then get on I30 west, to I635 to I20 then I35. Sometimes my GPS takes me this way when I have been up in Allen leaving during rush hour. But at 8PM at night I would just go the way you are planning.
    I set it that way so we didn't hit OKC at 6pm. This way we're coming down through Joplin MO, then come straight down from there. Not sure if it's actually worth it though

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just leave your map app running. It will reroute you if there is a faster route due to accidents, construction, etc. Real time updates.

Comment

Yep, should be fine at that time.

Comment

You should be okay cause of timing. Any earlier will make it worse though. If you make good time and are there earlier than predicted I would stop and eat dinner and hit the road again when traffic dies down.

Comment

Originally posted by BTGuard View Post
            I set it that way so we didn't hit OKC at 6pm. This way we're coming down through Joplin MO, then come straight down from there. Not sure if it's actually worth it though

We make the drive from Texas/Wisconsin a few times a year usually. I would take 35. Last summer we went up 75 from Dallas to Tulsa then north to Ottawa KS on some back roads/highways, then hooked back up to 35. On Hwy 75 in Oklahoma there are a lot of places where you have stoplights and little towns to drive through. It isn't a bad drive though. Also that stretch can have a lot of traffic too, and we ended up getting stuck behind a wreck. I don't remember traffic ever really being an issue in OKC, at least not like it is in Dallas/Ft Worth. I think it's 6 one way half a dozen the other but like I said I would take 35.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
              We make the drive from Texas/Wisconsin a few times a year usually. I would take 35. Last summer we went up 75 from Dallas to Tulsa then north to Ottawa KS on some back roads/highways, then hooked back up to 35. On Hwy 75 in Oklahoma there are a lot of places where you have stoplights and little towns to drive through. It isn't a bad drive though. Also that stretch can have a lot of traffic too, and we ended up getting stuck behind a wreck. I don't remember traffic ever really being an issue in OKC, at least not like it is in Dallas/Ft Worth. I think it's 6 one way half a dozen the other but like I said I would take 35.
              Originally posted by KyleW View Post
              You should be okay cause of timing. Any earlier will make it worse though. If you make good time and are there earlier than predicted I would stop and eat dinner and hit the road again when traffic dies down.
              Thanks fir the tips guys. I might switch it back over via 35 through OKC. I've driven part of the road before and you can make good time.

Comment

35 from Denton to Dallas can be a cluster, keep that in mind, but you can go thru Ft. Worth instead.

Comment

Working...
                X