No announcement yet.

Just venting/child supprt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same boat here. Mentioned on another thread before. Been fighting with Tarrant county AG office for going on 6 years with no results. My son has lived with me the entire time. I don’t want money from his mom, I just want to stop paying her. They say I owe 35k in back child support. Can’t even get them to change to Collin County where we all live now. Attorney’s want 4-5k just to get it going and will cost more because the need to change counties. Should not be that hard to make these changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got a dose of that back in the 90's. I was doing quite well and my X married a bum. Next thing you know it, they both got new Harley's!
      The law is the law though.
      I wish Texas could have tracked the money for "Support" only items.

Comment

I've always had an idea if I ever found myself in a situation like this.

Keep things out of court and provide assistance as needed to the mother up until about age 9. Then, at that point give my kid a credit card with a spending limit of up to $800 per month. Groceries, School supplies, laptop, clothing, transportation(Uber), cell phone anything he/she would need would be completely covered. The mother would not see a **** dime, and the money provided would be legitimate support. If she did try to use the credit card, press charges for fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post

Keep things out of court and provide assistance as needed to the mother up until about age 9. Then, at that point give my kid a credit card with a spending limit of up to $800 per month. Groceries, School supplies, laptop, clothing, transportation(Uber), cell phone anything he/she would need would be completely covered. The mother would not see a **** dime, and the money provided would be legitimate support. If she did try to use the credit card, press charges for fraud.
          If you are married and get divorced with a child I don't know how you would ever keep it out of court. Even so if you did what you suggest and later down the road she decides to go for child support you more than likely will be hammered for back CS. Everything you provided up to that point is considered a gift. If it doesn't go through the AG office it isn't considered CS but gifts.

Comment

Good luck with that. As clever as men think they are being, it’s no match for a ****** off ex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

yes this would be a terrible idea. AG will assess what you should have paid and then you will have to prove what you gave the ex. Every bit you didn't provide will have tons of interest tacked on. My advice to anyone is a good attorney up front and for Gods sake stay current on CS after that. AG has authority that don't seem to be checked by anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepwoods View Post
                yes this would be a terrible idea. AG will assess what you should have paid and then you will have to prove what you gave the ex. Every bit you didn't provide will have tons of interest tacked on. My advice to anyone is a good attorney up front and for Gods sake stay current on CS after that. AG has authority that don't seem to be checked by anyone.
                And more than likely , unless you Memo'ed on check Child Support and the month, the AG is going to say it was a gift and not support. Luckily I did note CS in memo for the first 6 months after Temp Hearing. Ask me how I know this.

Comment

Thanks for all the support guys. Really wish ther was something that could be done.

Comment

Fight like hell for custody.
                    Not easy. Not even close.
                    But worth every penny..

Comment

I don't have any kids yet, but I've always been on the side of dads that get stuck with these outrageous child support bills. I also believe that this aspect of the legal system is grossly unfair in the favor of females.

Can you not request itemized statements and receipts to present to the judge? Mostly to say..."This 1000$/month is not supporting my kid..it's supporting their leisure".
                      Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                      Thank God I'm not in your shoes but yes I agree that is a total sham. No way in heck it costs $1,000 per month to raise a kid. Besides you should only have to pay half of what it costs to raise them.

LoL
                      $1k Don't even pay for daycare for one kid in Houston.
                      When they get elementary school aged then daycare goes away but some before and after school care might be needed as well as extra curricular activities.

And CS is 20% of your paycheck after taxes so keep your bills low and you'll be able to afford your kid

Comment

LoL how will the kid pay rent or cable bill or whatever with that card you give?
                        What about summer vacations with mom?
                        Kid gonna stay at home because they can't afford it or will you pony up a thousand or two for the trip to Disney?

You're better off cutting the check for the next nine years and moving on with your life

Comment

This is a terrible idea.

Comment

My ex-husband in-law hasn’t paid child support in over 6 years. 76 months to be exact. The state doesn’t even know he’s supposed to be paying even though my wife was getting checks from the attorney general.

3 times he has asked to claim his son on taxes and I reply with a hearty HELL NO!

I will say this, it sure does keep the ball in our court, because 1 phone call could rock his world.

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
                              My ex-husband in-law hasn’t paid child support in over 6 years. 76 months to be exact. The state doesn’t even know he’s supposed to be paying even though my wife was getting checks from the attorney general.

3 times he has asked to claim his son on taxes and I reply with a hearty HELL NO!

I will say this, it sure does keep the ball in our court, because 1 phone call could rock his world.

I believe I’d rock him. Dads who shirk responsibility are worthless.

Comment

CS should be called "you give her money for whatever she wants" its money from your account to hers, she can spend it on whatever and thats the flaw in my eyes. I pay 25% plus medical, plus half of out of pocket medical- Like everyone else. I have no problem doing this but they also go on trips, drive $60k cars, designer purses.......I have about $50 a week extra to spend after bills with very little frivolous spending. I wouldn't have a problem even giving her the extra $50 I have every week if they even remotely needed it. It use to eat me up..nothing I can do about it....

Comment

Working...
                                X