Clear All

The greatest show ever on TV.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2251.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	24518960

Comment

Actually it’s my generation that says old school. Any further back it’s referred to as old days! [emoji23]

Skinny

Comment

was heehaw on?

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
          Actually it’s my generation that says old school. Any further back it’s referred to as old days! [emoji23]

Skinny
          Yeah, you tell em whippersnapper!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            Every Saturday evening in my house growing up we watched Hee Haw - I had a crush on Misty. After that my parents would watch Lawrence Welk

Oh yeah, Lawrence Welk.... It was on the same time slot as none other than Mutual Omaha's Wild Kingdom

But we always had to watch my mothers Lawrence Welk it killed me..we only had one tv and 3 channels

Ranchdog

Comment

From time to time the wife and I go to Fredericksburg for a little weekend getaway. There's an older motel on the western side of town (Dietzel Inn) that has cable and one channel shows some of the older shows on Saturday evening. We watch Hee Haw, Lawrence Welk and some more of the vintage tv shows and then go out to eat German food. Total throwback time for us. It's like we stepped into a time machine.

Comment

That's good stuff. I can smell the chicken noodle soup on the stove at grannies house just hearing that.

Sunday morning after church was Paul Bosch on Houston wrastlin from the sam Houston coliseum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

'" Hey grandpa what's for supper"

Comment

Good stuff Maynard

Comment

The Larry Welk Show was such a beat down.

Comment

Great years for tv back in the 60s. Saturday morning Sky King, Fury, Roy Rodgers. Great time to grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                          The greatest show ever on TV.

[ATTACH]882998[/ATTACH]

Yes sir it was !

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
                            Yes sir ,also how bout Mutual of Omaha’s wild kingdom,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Yep, old Marlin Perkins would be flying around in a helicopter while "Jim" was down below wrastlin crocodiles or lassoing hippos.

Comment

Originally posted by ranchdog View Post
                              Oh yeah, Lawrence Welk.... It was on the same time slot as none other than Mutual Omaha's Wild Kingdom

But we always had to watch my mothers Lawrence Welk it killed me..we only had one tv and 3 channels

Ranchdog

Well if I remember right, we actually had 4 channels, the 4th was PBS

No guarantee that they all worked at any given time. About the same time there was Laugh In, The Smother's Brothers, Flip Wilson Show Carol Burnett Show

Comment

I thought someone said old days. Highway Patrol, Howdy Doody, Sea Hunt, Perry Mason, Gun Smoke and later Have Gun Will Travel and on and on.

We had 4 channels on our 9" round screen black & white TV and they all went off air at midnight.

In the words of my 97 year old grandmother 45 years ago, "these are the good ole days."

Comment

Working...
                                X