This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    Interesting. I thought Jeff Long was pretty well respected. This could really delay a football fire / hire if there is no AD in place. With all the other jobs open, that’s not a good thing.
    I think he is, especially outside of the state. I think the way he handled Bert got people fed up. Maybe something is already in the works, who knows.

Comment

Williams starts. They said it yesterday on the Horn and i saw it somewhere else today.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
        I think he is, especially outside of the state. I think the way he handled Bert got people fed up. Maybe something is already in the works, who knows.
        They should bring back the ghost of Frank Broyles! Heck...even the ghost of DKR at Texas would be fine with me!

Comment

Interesting. I thought Jeff Long was pretty well respected. This could really delay a football fire / hire if there is no AD in place. With all the other jobs open, that’s not a good thing.
          Will be interesting to see who they hire first or if it's a simultaneous coach and AD hire.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gekko man View Post
            They should bring back the ghost of Frank Broyles! Heck...even the ghost of DKR at Texas would be fine with me!
            Maybe they can call Jimmy Sexton and make a run at Jimbo.

I have seen this play out. Finding the right Coach is not easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
              Jeff Long is out as AD in Fayetteville. Surely Beleima will be next (in two weeks). It’s time to start with a clean slate after 5 horrible years with Bert. He really damaged the program.
              Maybe they will leave Jennifer behind

Comment

I like the Aggie's chance with OM but don't think that they can beat LSU in Baton Rogue. I do think that Sumlin is gone but have not clue who will replace him...and not sure anyone else does.
                Adios,
                Gary

Comment

I don't think Texas will ever have 16 EE's like we've seen at Bama, but the list is growing for this cycles.

Bj Foster, Caden Sterns, Cam Rising, Casey Thompson and Brennan Eagles are all set to sign in December and enrollee in January. 2 safety's, 2 QB's and a receiver. With 4-6 more joining them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                    I don't think Texas will ever have 16 EE's like we've seen at Bama, but the list is growing for this cycles.

Bj Foster, Caden Sterns, Cam Rising, Casey Thompson and Brennan Eagles are all set to sign in December and enrollee in January. 2 safety's, 2 QB's and a receiver. With 4-6 more joining them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    I haven't watched all the Texas games but what I have seen it looks like they have a need at OL with the skill players being a distant second.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                      I haven't watched all the Texas games but what I have seen it looks like they have a need at OL with the skill players being a distant second.
                      Yep, unfortunately none of them are set to EE.

Comment

Is Perrin going to be the AD going forward? For some reason i thought he was temporary until they could find who they wanted. Would Jurich or Long be interested?

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                          Is Perrin going to be the AD going forward? For some reason i thought he was temporary until they could find who they wanted. Would Jurich or Long be interested?
                          I was thinking the exact same thing when the Louisville scandal rolled out. I know Heath has been a big Jurich fan in the past and I have agreed with him. I am just not sure if he would pass given the scandal(s) at Louisville with Pitino

Comment

Originally posted by 4barchery View Post
                            I was thinking the exact same thing when the Louisville scandal rolled out. I know Heath has been a big Jurich fan in the past and I have agreed with him. I am just not sure if he would pass given the scandal(s) at Louisville with Pitino

I still am but he’s to hot to handle right now for Texas. I would say Del Conte (TCU) is probably on the short list. There is a group pushing for Mack Brown too.

Comment

Mack Brown might be OK. Anything to get him out of the commentators chair.

Comment

I still am but he’s to hot to handle right now for Texas. I would say Del Conte (TCU) is probably on the short list. There is a group pushing for Mack Brown too.
                                CDC just parlayed that into a hefty raise!! Not saying he won't still go, but the locals feel a lot better about it since then.

Comment

Working...
                                X