The annual CMT Awards bashing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dac6933 View Post
    Am I the only one thats hates Chris Stapleton? His hybrid DB music sucks. Hes needs to decide if he wants to sing real country or DB country.
    Originally posted by txsteele View Post
    Yep but my wife loves him
    Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
    Does she?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL......in theory yes but I'll make sure they never meet

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      Who was that guy singing with Paisley?

Kane brown maybe? Saw a news show on him tonight. Never heard of him or half those folks.
      Im a grumpy old man now. Real country is dead I guess

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Am I the only one thats hates Chris Stapleton? His hybrid DB music sucks. Hes needs to decide if he wants to sing real country or DB country.
        yes...yes you are.

I'm not saying he's classic country, but he's **** good and isn't the poppy BS on mainstream radio

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
          yes...yes you are..

I'm not saying he's classic country, but he's **** good and isn't the poppy BS on mainstream radio
          I guess we will have to agree to disagree lol. Hes a joke to me.

Comment

Awards come on, TV goes off....that simple.

Comment

Don't hate him but all his songs sound the same.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                Who was that guy singing with Paisley?
                He was better than Paisley.

Comment

Sturgill Simpson stood outside with his guitar and a tip box. He even had his Grammy with him lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                    Sturgill Simpson stood outside with his guitar and a tip box. He even had his Grammy with him lol.

Now that's country.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                      Don't hate him but all his songs sound the same.
                      He needs a better manager. Dude can sing, but all he's known for is covers. Needs someone to break him outta that role.

Comment

I don't hate him, but I don't care for his voice and the drug store look.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                          He needs a better manager. Dude can sing, but all he's known for is covers. Needs someone to break him outta that role.
                          Its not the manager.
                          Stapleton is a great song writer. If you look up many of the hits from the last 5-10 years, Chris was the original writer of several of them as well as backup vocals. Producers in Nashville has been begging him to start up his own gig. When Traveler came out he was not a household name, but now just about every country music fan knows him.

"Christopher Alvin Stapleton[1] (born April 15, 1978) is an American singer-songwriter[2][3] and guitarist.[4] He is an established songwriter who has co-written six country number-one songs[5] including the five-week number-one "Never Wanted Nothing More" recorded by Kenny Chesney, "Love's Gonna Make It Alright" recorded by George Strait, "Drink a Beer" recorded by Luke Bryan and "Come Back Song" recorded by Darius Rucker.[6] Over 150 of Stapleton's songs have appeared on albums by such artists as Adele, Luke Bryan, Tim McGraw, Brad Paisley and Dierks Bentley.[7] Among other artists, he has co-written with Vince Gill, Peter Frampton and Sheryl Crow.[8]

After serving as the frontman of bluegrass group The SteelDrivers from 2008 to 2010, Stapleton released his debut studio album Traveller in 2015, which reached number one on the US Billboard 200 and was certified double platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). Among several accolades, it won the Grammy Award for Best Country Album at the 58th annual ceremony[9] and the Academy of Country Music Award for Album of the Year.[10] His second studio album, From A Room: Volume 1, was released on May 5, 2017, and gave him his second Country Music Association Award for Album of the Year. It will be followed by Volume 2 on December 1. Stapleton's music styles include Southern rock and bluegrass."

Taken from Wiki^

And my brother has met him several times and got to jam with a few of his bad mates.
                          Last edited by bloodstick; 11-09-2017, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Garth Brooks admitted to lip syncing...

At least he admitted to it...

Comment

They all lip synch on those types of programs. It's almoat impossible to get live music synched up with the broadcast sound because of the delay so they just run with prerecorded music and the band and singer match it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought Garth was a bit drunk or maybe high on cold medicine the way he walked and sort of stumbled while heading back stage after he got his hand me a trophy award.

Comment

Working...
                                X