Shooting with bifocals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting with bifocals?

What are you folks doing who wear bifocals? I don’t care whether Im looking through a peep or a scope, bifocals are a pain trying to get them lined up for crisp view of a sight. It was made worse by a retinal vein occlusion I had about a year ago, but it sucked before then. Optometrist has suggested maybe doing a single contact lens for that eye for shooting. Says he has several patients that do that. I’m not exactly sure how that work though. I’m sure I’m not the only person that deals with this. What are y’all doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I totally understand the trouble you''re going through. I generally take mine off when shooting a rifle. I put a verifier on my bow as well. I can shoot it with either my glasses on or off.

Comment

I went with the monovision. A farsighted contact on my shooting eye and a near sighted on my other eye. Makes keeping your head still a little difficult when an animal walks up on your nearsighted side, but it works better than anything else I had tried.

Comment

I put my progressive glasses away last week for a set of multifocal contacts. Still in the trial period but like them so far. Probably going to change the strength things far away are not as crisp, but they told me I might go through several sets before we got the correct ones. I didn't like shooting with glasses and paying out the rear for progressive sunglasses.

Comment

I started using bifocal contacts and they're awesome. Before that I had two prescriptions one so I could see and read things and one so I can see it distance and I was hunting. But the bifocal contacts took care of that

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brett A View Post
            I went with the monovision. A farsighted contact on my shooting eye and a near sighted on my other eye. Makes keeping your head still a little difficult when an animal walks up on your nearsighted side, but it works better than anything else I had tried.
            I tried this year's ago and could not do it. My system creates a lot of protein which clogged up the contacts very quickly. Also I didn't see quite as clearly with either eye as I did while wearing my glasses. Also I had been wearing glasses for so many years I had forgotten the protection that they do for your eyes....dust dirt crap falling from under your car when working on it....stuff like that.

Comment

yes.. my shooting went to hell when I started wearing glasses. I have to use a scope on all of my rifles with a lengthy eye relief. Shotgun is difficult

Comment

Tagged. I am having a hard time seeing my pins (blurry). Looking for answers.

Comment

Progressive no line bifocals here. Cannot get the pin to be clear at all. Very blurry.

Comment

When I wore glasses, both kinds, I shot without glasses. Since then 20 some odd years ago I went with lasik, it's been worth it ever since.

Comment

The Verifier Peep has a lens in it so you can use it to see your pins. Works awesome. There are some post on here already do a search for verifier.

Comment

Not sure about the brand on the above post, but I've been using a lens in the peep sight based on my needed magnification and love it. Used it at least five years.

Comment

Been shooting with bifocals for many years and don't notice any problems with them--maybe it is me?

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                            Been shooting with bifocals for many years and don't notice any problems with them--maybe it is me?

It could be the amount of correction in your glasses is less than others and makes it less noticeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I would look into a verifier for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X