Church Shooting Sutherland Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Lord God in Heaven, we ask for Your Grace to bathe this community. Bring them peace. Strengthen them in their grief. Lord we who worship You, have no explanation for this kind of evil other than what Your word tells us... We are to shun evil, and have no part with it. Lord, we know that vengeance is clearly Yours. We ask you to avenge these senseless deaths. Lord, I lift up those who brought this tragedy to an end. I pray those who responded receive Your divine protection, and are honored for their service. Lord, we pray for those families who have experienced such tragic and senseless loss. Comfort them and in due time Lord I pray You will return their joy... Their earthly lives have been changed forever while they are here, but knowing those who lost their lives most likely were Your children and brothers with Your Son Jesus. One day, in that Great Day, they will be reunited their loved ones in eternal rejoicing. Lord guide us and direct us in all we do and show this Green Screen body what we may do to assist and lift up those in this community. We ask all these things in the powerful name of Your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
    Thank you, Charlie. Amen.
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      More gun control is not going to fix your problem Parramore...You CANNOT legislate immoral & deviant behavior.
      It's my problem Artos? Let me tell you what your problem is....

Comment

Parramore- who stop this from being more innocent people loosing their life. Another man with a gun. Prayers sent to all. If we would just call a spade a spade and treat them
        As such it would solve a lot of problems

Comment

Live news conference stating their is a complete video from inside the church and they believe the motive may be related to a family dispute he was having with his mother-in-law who was apparently a member of the church.

Comment

Originally posted by Parramore View Post
            Mental health and lack of gun control. When you combine both of these issues, then these are the results. Very sad indeed. Prayers for those affected, although I am growing tired of offering prayers to those suffering these horrible acts while we as a state and country have taken no steps at all to try and solve it.
            What laws do you think would prevent evil and/or insane people from killing people?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
              What laws do you think would prevent evil and/or insane people from killing people?
              Its pretty simple Shane, make it illegal to do so.

Comment

The church had a video online of last week's service. I would think they have one of the shooting too. I'd hate to be the criminologist working that one.

Comment

Throw some prayers at it, blame someone else, take no action, blame the devil and the "immoral". What would you suggest green screen? I'm always interested to hear feedback on these issues due to this diverse group of veterans, LEO, actives, etc. Let it ride? Turn the other way? More govt control or restrictions? Let's be clear here that I own numerous weapons in my gun safe with ample ammo from small to big so it will directly impact me as a responsible gun owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                    The only thing that comes to mind is how did he get that weapon and why. I don't have an answer for the question you pose, but I would think, probably not wise here, but I would think there should be more controls so crazies like this don't end up with AR-15's.

What would you suggest?

Comment

Mental health and lack of gun control. When you combine both of these issues, then these are the results. Very sad indeed. Prayers for those affected, although I am growing tired of offering prayers to those suffering these horrible acts while we as a state and country have taken no steps at all to try and solve it.
                      Maybe they should just go ahead make it illegal to kill innocent people with guns, trucks, knives, bombs, hammers etc. That should solve it. Oh wait......
                      What stopped this threat was a good guy with a gun. God bless him for stepping up and being brave enough to prevent further casualties.

Comment

You can put all the gun control you want into effect and it will NOT stop a Crazy person from finding a way to kill people........ I don't hear anybody wanting to make it Illegal to rent a Home Depot truck??

Comment

Originally posted by turbowhunter View Post
                          Maybe they should just go ahead make it illegal to kill innocent people with guns, trucks, knives, bombs, hammers etc. That should solve it. Oh wait......
                          What stopped this threat was a good guy with a gun. God bless him for stepping up and being brave enough to prevent further casualties.
                          So what would be solution to stop mass murders with semi automatic weapons Turbowhunter? Would you feel differently about it if your daughter and wife were dead bc of him? Probably so. I know I would. So what's a possible solution before you all run me up the flag pole?

Comment

The only thing that comes to mind is how did he get that weapon and why. I don't have an answer for the question you pose, but I would think, probably not wise here, but I would think there should be more controls so crazies like this don't end up with AR-15's.

What would you suggest?
                            You're dodging the question. If you say that lack of gun control is a reason for this type of crime and that you're tired of government not taking steps to stop it, then you need to have some ideas and recommendations of specific steps and controls that you think would be effective. What are your specific recommendations? Maybe they would make sense to others of us here.
                            Last edited by Shane; 11-06-2017, 10:50 AM.

Comment

So what is your idea of "gun control"?? You think we should just ban the AR platform or restrict magazine capacity, or what??? If we did that, then law abiding citizens would comply though reluctantly... That would translate in the guy who actually stopped the assault with an AR not having one... You think a dang criminal would voluntarily turn in his AR??? This "gun control" hasn't stopped criminals from killin' people in Chicago and DC... Hell they have "gun control" so tight, they've been shot down in DC by the SCOTUS... "Gun control" ain't the answer... I'm not sure what IS the answer, but removing the possibility of law-abiding citizens to defend themselves is NOT the answer.

Comment

What would you suggest?
                                Slippery slope.

Comment

Working...
                                X