NASCAR at TMS Do's and Do not's ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
    Is the campground really that bad anymore? I've heard its a lot tamer than it used to be.
    The "free camp grounds" are the only area that I have felt were "bad" (fun ). Everywhere else is no different than tailgating at a college or pro football game.

Typically for the races in November, everything is pretty tame.

Comment

I'll be there saturday and sunday. one of my vendors is taking me. it's my first time too. hopefully it's fun.

Comment

They re-configured the track early this year, it seemed to help even though historically racing tends to suck on a new surface.

Comment

1.) Bring as much alcohol as you'd like
          2.) Absolutely no glass
          3.) Make sure you're okay with security shoving a wooden stick in your bags
          4.) Sunscreen (Yes..you can get a sunburn even if it's cool outside
          5.) By no means dress classy..Get as raunchy and redneck as possible

Comment

Anything else!

Comment

I will be there Sunday! Rent the headset. Express parking for quick exit.

Comment

For sure hearing protection. Take your food. Scanners are a must. I usually keep it on the radio broadcast. You will do a lot of walking. Place is huge.

Comment

Originally posted by scjeeptx View Post
                  Don't take the grandson to the infield until he's 18.

Or maybe 21......
                  Unless you have adult supervision.

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                  1.) Bring as much alcohol as you'd like
                  2.) Absolutely no glass
                  3.) Make sure you're okay with security shoving a wooden stick in your bags
                  4.) Sunscreen (Yes..you can get a sunburn even if it's cool outside
                  5.) By no means dress classy..Get as raunchy and redneck as possible
                  Wear one of your golf outfits

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	24517913

Get the scanners and don't lug a cooler around with you.
                  Last edited by 18ncs; 11-04-2017, 11:29 AM.

Comment

West is best! Come in from the west side of 114 by Rhome and avoid all the traffic. You can thank me later Bert.

Comment

Originally posted by 16ncs View Post
                      Unless you have adult supervision.

Wear one of your golf outfits

[ATTACH]880843[/ATTACH]

Get the scanners and don't lug a cooler around with you.
                      Haha, You know me and golf. I might have a little game. But I most definitely dress way more like a nascar fan playing golf than a golfer playing golf.

Thanks for all the help fellas!

Comment

I saw your "loud" post on the other thread. You did get the scanners, right?

Comment

Originally posted by 16ncs View Post
                          I saw your "loud" post on the other thread. You did get the scanners, right?
                          Yes, I got the scanners and it was still loud. I guess I'm a whimp. I went about 15 laps one time with nothing on. I am still yelling at everyone that I talk to.
                          We had a great time. The pits were really interesting. Watching them measure the cars was neat. The downside was there were no mutiple car pile ups .

Comment

Yep
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                              Yes, I got the scanners and it was still loud. I guess I'm a whimp. I went about 15 laps one time with nothing on. I am still yelling at everyone that I talk to.
                              We had a great time. The pits were really interesting. Watching them measure the cars was neat. The downside was there were no mutiple car pile ups .
                              Big pileups are pretty rare on the cookie cutter ovals these days, only place your just about guaranteed to see them still is the plate tracks.

Comment

Better yet, hope the 18 engine blows on the warm up lap and save your booing for #11!
                                Ear protection, Sun block and water. Have a blast!

Comment

Working...
                                X