Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Cat!

Comment

We have sightings of a big cat around our neighborhood from time to time. A neigh down the street, who is not a native Texan, says that's bull**** there are no mountain lions in Texas. We're nowhere close to any mountains. [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice

Comment

That kitty been eating good!

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
            Too bad they don't have the predator contest around there anymore!
            Wonder how many coyote and bobcats it takes to beat a mountian lion?

Comment

Buddy sent me an email after talking to his friend. The cat was 7'-3" from tip of tail to nose and weighed 165 pounds.

Comment

Impressive!

Comment

Had a cat a little smaller than that start tracking me in Colorado. Cougars give me the shivers.

Comment

Originally posted by jryzz View Post
                    Some info on the population in the big bend

https://www.facebook.com/bencmasters...0694043227771/
                    Thank you so much for posting this. It led me down a rabbit trail that has some great info on it. Here is a copy of a recent study: http://bri.sulross.edu/pubs/reports/...eport_2016.pdf

Everyone should watch the video that jryzz posted.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                      Game warden said it was hit by a lady in her truck early Wednesday morning.
                      This. My son knows the kid and he said he found it.

Comment

Ha cat popped up on Facebook.

Comment

We live 10 miles due East of Groesbeck, TX and saw a mt lion today. My wife and our neighbor were driving in very heavy brush looking for 3 missing calves that belong to the neighbor. The cat crossed about 50 yds in front of them while they were driving our JD Gator. My 64 yr old wife was raised in New Mexico and has seen several cats in her life so there is no chance of it being a Bobcat sighting instead of mt lion.

The area was about 80 acres of VERY thick brush over a mile from our house. Neighbor pulled the 400 lb (+\-) calves off the cows around 3 weeks ago but they were wild natured and got out of the corral by his house. Love living in the country but I AM going to carry a light and gun with me at night now when I am checking on livestock! Physical location where sighted was North of Hwy 164 and East of FM 1953.........for you folks that hunt in Limestone County. Good hunting guys and gals!!

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                            Thank you so much for posting this. It led me down a rabbit trail that has some great info on it. Here is a copy of a recent study: http://bri.sulross.edu/pubs/reports/...eport_2016.pdf

Everyone should watch the video that jryzz posted.
                            I just watched it. Good stuff but I am tent camping out there for a few days this month. Kind of unnerving even though the chances of even seeing one are slim.

Comment

Lots of excitement in our area today for sure.

Comment

Big tom cat. They are out there.

I have seen them in Eastland and Edwards counties. A friend that hunts not far from the location stated in the post showed me TC pics from his lease a couple years ago. Co worker sent me a pic his brother took near Denton of one. GPS coordinates put very neat Copper creek.

Comment

Working...
                                X