X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope y’all are warm and seen some animals today

Comment

Originally posted by Addicted2bh View Post
      All caught up, in for the long haul! You might have mentioned it but how long are you staying for?
      6 Days

Comment

Originally posted by 16ncs View Post
        How about using two?

Looked like it stayed in the mid-teens yesterday and appears to be 5 now. Is that about right? Back in the popup today?
        Back in the pop up and yes, temps were between 5-10 degrees today, dipping below 0 with the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
          6 Days
          how did it go today? you are living one of my dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
            Hope y’all are warm and seen some animals today
            Didn’t see anything until after noon but had a doe show up with a fawn (both were later chased off by a yote), a fork horn, a young 10, and then a massive bodied deer showed up at dark. I couldn’t see what kind of head gear he was sporting but he was big. Beautiful day and the movement was definitely a step in the right direction.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TradAg02 View Post
              Stay focused, 30 seconds can change everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Yes sir! Only takes one day, one deer!

Comment

Didn’t see anything until after noon but had a doe show up with a fawn (both were later chased off by a yote), a fork horn, a young 10, and then a massive bodied deer showed up at dark. I couldn’t see what kind of head gear he was sporting but he was big. Beautiful day and the movement was definitely a step in the right direction.
                amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                  Can you use a Mr. Buddy heater?

Brandon ... I am using the Heater Buddy and it is awesome. It keeps the entire blind warm enough for me to sit without gloves or any head gear. On low I am going through about 1 1/2 canisters a day with it running full time. Jason’s Dad ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome TxRealtorJJ good luck. Are you in a ground blind as well?

to Both, What kind of gear did you all bring? Base Layer, Heavy Jackets, Style Boots? anything will be helpful. I plan on hunting out of state next year and want to start getting my cold weather gear now.

After seeing ArrowCs thread and your thread, I really want to travel and HUNT . Thank you for taking us along

Comment

Welcome TxRealtorJJ good luck. Are you in a ground blind as well?

to Both, What kind of gear did you all bring? Base Layer, Heavy Jackets, Style Boots? anything will be helpful. I plan on hunting out of state next year and want to start getting my cold weather gear now.

After seeing ArrowCs thread and your thread, I really want to travel and HUNT . Thank you for taking us along
                      4 specific items I recommend...

1. These Pac boots (get 1 or two sizes bigger than you normally wear. Tight boots = sweat = cold)

2. Heater Body Suit (get one size bigger than you think you need)

3. Cabela’s Wooltimate w/ Windshear (I bought pants, jacket, face mask, hand pouch)

4. A good hand pouch (or whatever the technical term is). I fill it up with 4 hand warmers and leave my hands in there. I haven’t worn gloves once.

** A good baselayer is important but I would just do some research and pick what makes most sense to you (I brought three different brands and they have all worked well)
                      Attached Files

Comment

If you get a chance, snap some pics of the blinds and stands when you have a second
                        FYI...for some reason the pic I took of the pop up (which is actually pretty cool) won’t upload. PM me your # and I’ll text it to you.

Comment

FYI...for some reason the pic I took of the pop up (which is actually pretty cool) won’t upload. PM me your # and I’ll text it to you.
                          Pm sent

Comment

Northern Lights

Sorry for the grainy pic but this was from my walk to the blind this morning. Incredible!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Those northern lights are awesome.

Comment

4 specific items I recommend...

1. These Pac boots (get 1 or two sizes bigger than you normally wear. Tight boots = sweat = cold)

2. Heater Body Suit (get one size bigger than you think you need)

3. Cabela’s Wooltimate w/ Windshear (I bought pants, jacket, face mask, hand pouch)

4. A good hand pouch (or whatever the technical term is). I fill it up with 4 hand warmers and leave my hands in there. I haven’t worn gloves once.

** A good baselayer is important but I would just do some research and pick what makes most sense to you (I brought three different brands and they have all worked well)
                                I would add, even with all those layers, make sure your neck is covered. That is the worst spot to have open, especially at your current temps. Hunted at that temp for years.

Keep your feet and hands warm, the rest of the body will follow.

Cool hunt, love the photo's, thanks for posting!

Comment

Working...
                                X