Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outdoor Educaton in school. Please read!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor Educaton in school. Please read!

Have you all ever heard of Outdoor Adventures? Outdoor Adventures (OA) is an in school physical education course where students are taught life-long skills by using an integrated curriculum of science, math, writing, critical thinking skills, and computer technology. The OA curriculum is not your traditional PE course. Instead of teaching PE with basketballs and tennis rackets, students use rods and reels, and bows and arrows. The OA course is designed to change young people's lives forever by exposing them to the many great opportunities of the outdoors. With today's accelerated curriculum, full of benchmark testing and academic pressures, students need a fun class that will motivate them to stay in school and concentrate on their studies. The focus is on outdoor activities and includes:
    • Archery
    • Hunter Education
    • Boater Education
    • Orienteering
    • Survival Skills
    • First aid/CPR
    • Trip Planning
    • Angling
    • Tackle Crafts
    • Hiking
    • Backpacking
    • Camping
    • Outdoor Cooking
    • North American Model
    • Ice Fishing
    • Wildlife Conservation
    • Life-vest Safety

We are currently in 350 schools and growing. Message me or call Outdoors Tomorrow Foundation at 972-504-9008 to see how you can get Outdoor Adventures in your kids schools!

Thank you for taking the time to read. www.GoOTF.com

thats a neat idea and a much better use of P.E. than playing soccer and **** lol

Comment

My son is in this now! I think it is a great idea. He will get his hunters ed out of the way and boater safety.

Comment

At 352 schools so far impacting 35,000 students! Wish we had when I was a kid! Over 9,200 Hunter Ed certifications in Texas alone last year!

Comment

My wife chaperoned a OA class this weekend with a teacher that teaches it. Took a group to Huntsville state park camping. Said the kiddos had a great time, even though it was cold Saturday night.. My wife taught science for 4 years, and has been a PE teacher for 27 years, and is really considering moving on and teaching this class.
          Lesto!!

Comment

Good Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
              My wife chaperoned a OA class this weekend with a teacher that teaches it. Took a group to Huntsville state park camping. Said the kiddos had a great time, even though it was cold Saturday night.. My wife taught science for 4 years, and has been a PE teacher for 27 years, and is really considering moving on and teaching this class.
              It's an excellent class with endless benefits. Particularly getting more youth involved in the outdoors and conservation of wildlife

Comment

My kids have gone through something similar through a year long class, but not as extensive. They did come out with their hunters safety and boater certification though. This deal sounds much more in depth and looks great. I really like that it includes first aid and CPR.

Comment

Originally posted by riverbowman View Post
                  My kids have gone through something similar through a year long class, but not as extensive. They did come out with their hunters safety and boater certification though. This deal sounds much more in depth and looks great. I really like that it includes first aid and CPR.
                  Awesome!

Comment

I'm in the middle of certifying a bunch of kids in hunter ed at my school right now. We're about to start NASP as soon as I finish in my PE classes.

Comment

Dickinson had a similar course in 83. We did the hunters education class, boaters class, reloaded shotgun shells (for the coaches), shot pellet guns, archery, compass course, ran boats in clear lake and several other things. We also shot skeet behind the field house but I don't think you could do that or reload shells now. lol It was a good class and some of the people who had never done those things really changed their minds on hunting and the outdoors.

Comment

My daughter is in it and she's the best shot with the bow! They happen to use the same bow I bought her a couple years ago. She's about to get her Hunters Ed. cert as well. I think it is a great program that teaches kids great skills and knowledge. She thoroughly enjoys it.

Comment

We got a board member who was interested in starting archery. Me being the main Physical Education Coach, I was all for it but I think it hit a bump in the road. I am all for different curriculum but I work with what I have.

It's not all roll the ball out here. Last year, I spend a good bunch of my own money and taught knot tying and survivor things (how to make a harness, repel, etc.) All that came from a college class I took.

I am going to download the documents and do some research into this a little further

Comment

This is a great idea!

Comment

I dig it!

Comment

Working...
                              X