No announcement yet.

Bitcoin...Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like was stated, if you’re just getting into this, watch some YouTube videos about Coinbase, GDAX, Binance, etc and they will point you in the right direction and help you figure out how to buy coins, transfer to other exchanges, etc. I’m just a couple weeks into this and have learned a lot from YT vids.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
      Use a CC if you want instant results. I wired 15k to coinbase 2 weeks ago...they just now acknowledged the wire and rejected it. Rejected because the bank acct I wired from is a business account not personal. Now they say 7 to 10 days to send it back to my bank. So 15k out if my hands for min 3 weeks. Not cool...i would have doubled it if I could have made investment I had it planned for.
      Bigtime info here. Thanks.

Comment

I use Coinbase to simply get USD into a crypto wallet i can either:
        a) Turn into BTC , and use GDAX exchange (its owned by coinbase, links to your coinbase account, but has less fees for purchases/sells/transfers), to transfer to other Exchanges like BITTREXX where i purchase the majority of the coins i want in my portfolio.

b) or I will use GDAX , linked to my Coinbase account and use my USD wallet there to purchase BTC or ETH or LTC and then use GDAX to transfer it to my hardware wallet. (simply because thats the only crypto currency coinbase and gdax handle right now.

Anything like Ripple, NEO, etc, have to be purchased on other exchanges, MOST of which only handle BTC transactions (meaning you have to use Bitcoin to purchase other coins... they dont have USD wallets)

*Never use CoinBase to move crypto in anyway (buy/sell ... the fees are HIGH...)

hope this helps a little.

Comment

Got it, so now that my coinbase account is verified, link that to gdax and go from there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            a) Turn into BTC , and use GDAX exchange (its owned by coinbase, links to your coinbase account, but has less fees for purchases/sells/transfers), to transfer to other Exchanges like BITTREXX where i purchase the majority of the coins i want in my portfolio.

b) or I will use GDAX , linked to my Coinbase account and use my USD wallet there to purchase BTC or ETH or LTC and then use GDAX to transfer it to my hardware wallet. (simply because thats the only crypto currency coinbase and gdax handle right now.

Anything like Ripple, NEO, etc, have to be purchased on other exchanges, MOST of which only handle BTC transactions (meaning you have to use Bitcoin to purchase other coins... they dont have USD wallets)

*Never use CoinBase to move crypto in anyway (buy/sell ... the fees are HIGH...)

That is actually very helpful. Thank you.

Comment

Great info! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jkg2003 View Post
                Got it, so now that my coinbase account is verified, link that to gdax and go from there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                You'll need to get verified through gdax also so go ahead and start the process. Gdax will automatically be linked to your coinbase account. If you want to withdraw coin from coinbase you can do it from gdax. Gdax is owned by coinbase.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Please elaborate on this a bit...

Skinny

Comment

It appears that I waited too long to get on the BITTREX train. Went to sign up to buy some Ripple and got a message saying that they are not currently accepting new user registrations.

Comment

Originally posted by wtb90 View Post
                      It appears that I waited too long to get on the BITTREX train. Went to sign up to buy some Ripple and got a message saying that they are not currently accepting new user registrations.
                      go to binance as an alternate, thats what i did

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                        go to binance as an alternate, thats what i did
                        Can you transfer BTC from GDAX to Binance?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                          They must be way behind processing requests on Bitcoin. My Litecoin transferred within 10 mins.
                          Originally posted by Skinny View Post

Skinny
                          Ethereum and Bitcoin have shown issues with transaction speeds due to the increased volume (interest) in crypto recently. LTC has not seen this issue as much. Therefore, it may be better to transfer LTC from exchange to exchange, than to use BTC or ETH. It will reduce the time you are waiting for your transfer to happen.

Also, I think someone mentioned having to pay a fee to transfer currency from Coinbase to another exchange. If you use GDAX instead, there are no transfer fees.

Comment

Originally posted by wtb90 View Post
                            I got the same thing on Bittrex, Kraken, and Binance....

Anyone know an exchange that you can buy Ripple on?

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post

Skinny
                              Use GDAX to send your coins to another exchange. If you use Coinbase you'll get charged by them and the network.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
                                Use GDAX to send your coins to another exchange. If you use Coinbase you'll get charged by them and the network.

Ok. I get it. Thanks.

I’ve sent small amounts of BTC and LTC to Binance from Coinbase to purchase other coins. I couldn’t get a GDAX account set up successfully without a computer. I’m having to do all this on my iPhone. I guess I’m paying some small fees, but like was stated earlier, with ease, comes fees. Lol

Skinny

Comment

Working...
                                X