No announcement yet.

Bitcoin...Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That particular rapper and Dr Dre may be the luckiest mofos on Earth. 50 Cent already hit a gold mine with Vitamin water and now this.

Comment

Fiddy

Comment

Originally posted by rfroese View Post
        So how does trading crypto affect your taxes?

Has this been talked about yet? Or should I start a new thread?
        Murky waters...
        For the most part it is taxed as property (asset). Capital gains on any value increases.
        How taxes apply to individual transactions is where it gets really unclear.
        I'm guessing most of the casual day traders are not going to report it and some are going to get popped, probably making the news.

Comment

I dont know anyone on here that actually owns or trades in crypto.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
            Murky waters...
            For the most part it is taxed as property (asset). Capital gains on any value increases.
            How taxes apply to individual transactions is where it gets really unclear.
            I'm guessing most of the casual day traders are not going to report it and some are going to get popped, probably making the news.
            Since this is all based on blockchain technology, I don’t see how the government is going to prove what income is actually taxable on this stuff. How can they track it? How will they know? None of any of these gains or losses are tied to our social security number. None of the exchanges report to the IRS. I really don’t know how the IRS will be able to prove any of it

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
              None of any of these gains or losses are tied to our social security number.
              Maybe if you somehow managed to buy BTC with cash.
              Most people are using their bank accounts, which are absolutely tied to your SSN.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                I dont know anyone on here that actually owns or trades in crypto.
                Yep. All hypotheticals here. Just researching in case we decide to dabble in the future.
                Does anyone honestly think we would get advice and learn from a bow hunting forum!?
                PSshhhhhh!!

Comment

IOST is making me money right now

Comment

IOST is looking so good at the moment. Its like someone knows when I buy in on one of these alt coins because it drops immediately, even when I am buying at a very low point...

Comment

The vibe is pumping

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                        The vibe is pumping

Skinny
                        Well if you want it to drop an automatic 15% just let me know and Ill buy in

Comment

Originally posted by ecallarman View Post
                          Well if you want it to drop an automatic 15% just let me know and Ill buy in

I’ve had the same luck!

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                            I’ve had the same luck!

Skinny
                            Every time the charts and all of my research shows that one of them is at its absolute bottom, I'll buy in and it temporarily goes up a slight amount and then proceeds to go down even more.
                            Last edited by ecallarman; 01-25-2018, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Tron finally broke from .07 and is now at .06! Wahoo!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Scratch that back at .07 LOL

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X