Bitcoin...Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
    markets on upside again... coinbase continues to have website issues...
    Yep...CB needs to get it's chiat together.

Comment

Site's working fine for me.

In other news; coinbase just lost a court case to the IRS. Having to turn over info on "users" that apparently have withdrawn $20k to $50k over the last several years...Haven't read the article yet.

Comment

dang.. this guy is lucky...
        $4800 investment immediately returns $500K
        In an online bitcoin forum, it was discovered that one Coinbase user with the online alias SatoshiChrist is currently in the process of acquiring 50 bitcoins with a single payment of $4,802.

According to the user, payment for 50 bitcoins on August 8, 2013, has been stuck in the Coinbase system for more than four years. Coinbase recently notified the user that the trade for $4,802 for 50 bitcoins can still go through if the user updates the respective account’s payment method.

Substantially, the Coinbase system hedged the 50 bitcoins purchase of the user at the bitcoin price on August 8, 2013, as the transaction was stuck and the user failed to make the payment for an extended period.
        While the price of bitcoin has increased from $100 to $9,700 from 2013 to 2017, the user is still able to purchase 50 bitcoins at a rate of $96 per bitcoin. That is, more than 90 times lower than the price of bitcoin at the time of reporting.
        The user immediately reached out to Coinbase support for verification given the size of the trade. According to the user, Coinbase support verified the trade as genuine, and as a result, the user will be able to process the purchase and receive 50 bitcoins in return for $4,804.
        Last edited by systemnt; 12-01-2017, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wloftis View Post
          Site's working fine for me.

In other news; coinbase just lost a court case to the IRS. Having to turn over info on "users" that apparently have withdrawn $20k to $50k over the last several years...Haven't read the article yet.
          I read an article about that. IRS made them give up the info on a very small percentage and the info was very limited. Still...Big Brother is taking notice.

Comment

D*mit!!! Coinbase down again!!!!

Comment

I haven't had one problem with the coinbase app

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                I haven't had one problem with the coinbase app

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
                The app was grumpy earlier but seems to be working now.

Just checked CB and it's up and running now.

Comment

Nm..read that wrong

Comment

11k and rising for bitcoin

Comment

Yep...lots of interest with the CME getting ready to offer futures on BTC coming mid December.

Comment

Passing mid 11k now..

Comment

Seems to be holding there...

Seems to be the topic du jour many of the places I go.

Comment

IN

Side note: I’ve never had an issue with the Coinbase app crapping out on me like many of you guys??

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                              IN

Side note: I’ve never had an issue with the Coinbase app crapping out on me like many of you guys??
                              So far it only seems to happen when bitcoin spikes or dips severely. I've heard it's a very common occurrence.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                                Very. And quite plausible. Basically ushering in George Bushes New World Order.

Comment

Working...
                                X