Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bitcoin...Cryptocurrency

Originally posted by wtb90 View Post
    From GDAX to Binance for me. My ETH transfer has been pending for 13 hours now. Their support site says to expect 12+ hour transfers until they can upgrade their infrastructure. I missed out on a couple of dips today but nothing I can do but be better prepared next time around.

So when you went back to the transaction on cb, did it show pending or complete? I just sent BTC to Binance from GDAX and in cb, the transaction said “complete” immediately, but I don’t see anything on Binance yet. Guess I’ll check in the morning.

Nevermind I see the “sent to BTC address” as pending on cb. I bet it’ll be there in the am.

Skinny
    Last edited by Skinny; 01-04-2018, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
      Naw. Normal correction.

Skinny
      And TRX could do the same tomorrow.

In-Yo-Grill made a good point to me earlier today. These things shoot up, then move down some, but when they move down it usually establishes a new higher low, then goes back up higher than before. XRP is down some but leveling off it seems (we can hope anyway). Next time it pushes it could get to $4 or even $5. Yeah I coulda sold on the high and bought more on the dip but that can be a PITA too. I’m still way up so I’m just gonna ride it out and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
        So when you went back to the transaction on cb, did it show pending or complete? I just sent BTC to Binance from GDAX and in cb, the transaction said “complete” immediately, but I don’t see anything on Binance yet. Guess I’ll check in the morning.

Nevermind I see the “sent to BTC address” as pending on cb. I bet it’ll be there in the am.

Skinny
        I hope it goes through for you... Im missing $1200 between coinbase and gdax for going on 48 hours now.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
          I hope it goes through for you... Im missing $1200 between coinbase and gdax for going on 48 hours now.
          Wow that is odd. Most of us waiting on transfers are from Gdax to Binance. My CB transfer went through to Gdax immediately.

Comment

duplicate
            Last edited by jeff-fro; 01-05-2018, 12:27 AM. Reason: double post

Comment

I am thoroughly confused and concerned about how we are supposed to handle reporting gain/loss on our taxes. Almost makes me want to not do any more transactions until I see how this is going to go. If I have to report every buy/sell and assign a fair market value and loss/gain to every transaction this could turn into a nightmare. Just buying $100 worth of some altcoin and playing the 'sell some when it makes a run up and buy more when it dips' game could turn into a huge headache just for some $50 profit.

Will the $600 rule apply to these trades? If we don't have to report transactions under $600 or that result in less than $600 in profit then that will relieve much of the concern and cut down on the book-keeping dramatically.

Comment

I've got no idea on the $600 rule.

From what I've read/heard so far we do have to assign a fair market value to each transaction.

Capital gains tax is around 39%. So, if you made $50 profit expect to pay almost $20 in tax for one transaction. Now, when you move that altcoin gain from BTC back to USD you may ver well have an increase on the value again, resulting in another tax on the profit.

Comment

Anyone looked at ultra cheap coins like Pac Coin or Gcoin?

Comment

Never make trading decisions based on taxes... I've lost Lots of money holding out for tax breaks, by not locking In gains.

Pat a tax pro to figure out the taxes for you, you might just make enough while not caring to afford one.

Comment

How many of you guys were/are on Bitconnect?

Comment

I am trying to sign up for Bittrex and Binace. Both website say something like “Binance will have to temporarily disable new user registrations to allow for an infrastructure upgrade. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.”

Somebody point me in another direction. I have been jacking around for 3 hours trying to get set up.

Comment

From what I read on Binance's site, it doesn't look like they are allowing any new customers at this time due to volume.

Not sure on Bittrex.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                            How many of you guys were/are on Bitconnect?

I kept hearing bad things about them and stayed away.

Comment

You guys are making me nervous with Coinbase. Just gonna HODL a little longer and see where it all goes.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post

That’s real odd. Those deposits are instant for me. What does the transaction say on you cb wallet for the coin you sent?

Skinny

Comment

Working...
                                X