Awesome hunt - somehow got one down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome hunt - somehow got one down.

Started last weekend when I saw cold front was bringing north winds so I decided to add a stand to the south of the trail I was hunting. Didn't want to move the stand I already had north of the trail because I didn't trust the weather men so I wanted multiple options. Turns out they were right and the north winds came.

Saturday morning was 32 with frost on the ground. About 5 minutes into legal light a small buck comes along the trail and I hear more behind him. Got into position and waited while two more non legal bucks walk by. They crossed my trail and still had no idea I was there. Out walked buck number 4 and another one was still behind the trees so I could only see his legs. At this point I've got a buck 10 yards to my right, 15 yards to my right, one on the left, and buck number 4 walking broadside at 30 yards. I drew and the buck closest to me saw it. He froze and stared at me and the others froze too. No one moved for at least a couple minutes. Finally he starts stomping and runs about 10 yards while the other ones were still. The buck I wanted was still looking right at me trying to figure out what that blob in the tree was. Now the other buck was snorting. Bet he did it 10 times. The whole time I'm at full draw resting my cam on my knee. I won't even say how long it was because I wouldn't believe it either lol. I finally had a chance to let down and then they all saw me but I knew if I got a shot opportunity I was gonna have to rest anyway - shoulders were dead. They froze again. A couple minutes three of the five finally decided all was clear. He got broadside and I drew and took him at 30. He's no monster but he's the biggest my bow has leaned on and it was the coolest hunt I've had, so I have no complaints.

Grim reaper 2" went thru heart and busted thru the opposite shoulder. 18" wide.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Very nice Buck! A big Congrats!!

Comment

Nice Buck! Love those kinds of hunts, the drama makes it sweeter.

Comment

Nice buck! And a cool story to go along with it

Comment

Congrats. Cool looking buck.

Comment

Great buck!

Is he a 9 pointer?

Comment

Way to ride it out. Congrats

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice Buck

Comment

Nice. Did you ice that shoulder when you got back to camp? lol

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

That's a great deer and sounds like a fun hunt, lots of action early.

Comment

Congratulations on your biggest.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Awesome buck ! congrats

Comment

Congrats on a nice buck and a great memory

Comment

Working...
                              X