No announcement yet.

What kind of doc to see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will share a quick story about my experience with Dr. Guyer. I went to another doctor in Rockwall 1st that diagnosed me with an extruded disc. The pain was worse than anything I've ever felt in my life, like you I could not walk. He tell's me that it was imperative I have surgery asap!! Being the nature of the injury and all the horror stories I have heard, surgery was the last thing that I wanted to do. Next, I went to a chiropractor then I went to a different back doctor. I was really confused now. After a Freind referred Dr. Guyer I went to see him last. He recommended that I get a steroid shot in the back and do physical therapy and give it 90 days. If after that it was not better I would need surgery. That was 5 years ago and I still fill good. Good luck on what ever you do. [emoji1317][emoji1317][emoji1317]

Comment

Sex five times a day for a week will usually cure the problem you are having.

Comment

I had the same pain that would go away unexpectedly like yours. Had to have a total hip . For your sake I hope that is not your problem. It has been over a year and sometimes I still hurt only in my thigh not my leg and back. Good luck.

Comment

Good luck.. A herniated disc with a bulging disc on top and bottom and pain only down one leg. No surgery, but weight management and physical therapy have helped. Steroid pain shots worked the first time for 4 years, but the other not long and those are the worst shots I have ever experienced.

Good luck, hope you get it taken care of to alleviate the pain.

Comment

Hope all works out. Go see a good Spine Dr.
            I have had 3 on my back this was in 98, I feel great

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
              That worked for me

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                Gettin old ain't for sissie's! If i'd a known it was gonna be this bad, I would have taken better care of myself when I was younger.
                EXACT quote my late Dad used to say!

Sciatic nerve inflammation, what the OP described, is a result of a spinal "pressure" from a disk that is compromising the nerves from the spinal cord. It MAY get better from rest, spinal shot, disk repair....but, don't rely on my or other's recommendations!! Every BACK is different so talk to your primary care physician, get a referral and don't delay!!

"Chasing pain from the culprit site is just a temporary relief from the cause."

Been there...me and momma done that! Time just makes it worse unless you do your research, find the cause and get relief! Good luck..........

Comment

Originally posted by 16ncs View Post
                  All I can add to the knowledge above is, it has been nice knowing you

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                  That worked for me
                  Yes, it does work, but Goldeneagle may not understand that it must be with someone other than himself!!!

Love you, Randy. Hope you get this fixed!

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                    That worked for me
                    Originally posted by Burnadell View Post

Yes, it does work, but Goldeneagle may not understand that it must be with someone other than himself!!!

Love you, Randy. Hope you get this fixed!
                    I need a prescription for my wife please!

Comment

I'm late to the party and didn't read all comments, but sounds like sciatica... text book. There is probably phys. therapy that will offer relief. Would probably be neurosurgeon specific.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by TxnRunner; 10-30-2017, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X