• Show
Clear All

Great buck! Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Excellent.

Comment

There's nothing like your first one, congrats!

Comment

Congratulations!!

Comment

Congrats man!

Skinny

Comment

Way to go bud!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                        Yeah I passed an 8 much bigger than him few days back just because I think he is cool!
                        Congrats! I like sixes for some reason

Comment

Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Double thumbs!!

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Alright lady’s and gents, as promised the story of my slick 6.... as I type this I must inform you first I’m celebrating as anyone should do after a great kill especially their first buck! I’m smoking a fine cigar and drinking a miller light!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0387.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	24515545

So let’s get to it I’ve been bow hunting 2 seasons now and have shot 2 does and have recovered none of them both were fair shots at best. But fast forward to this season I’m shooting a new bow, new arrows ( thanks to muddyfuzzy) and slick trick viper tricks.

All August and September I’ve had this guy on camera and from the first time I saw him I new I wanted to shoot him; is he a trophy by many standards no, did he tickle me to death? For some reason he did. After many hunts of not seeing squat my wife and I hunted a pop up and when we were leaving that evening there he was I gave her the green light but he never gave the shot.

Since that night I’ve yet to encounter him again or really any deer of that matter. I pulled cards on Wednesday after a Cancun vacation I new pressure was off and he would be coming in, as the camera said every evening 3 nights in a row i new I had him I sat that night with zero luck.

Fast forward to this front moving in last night we had high winds and I new if they laid up it would be on today. I got situated in the tree at an early 630am after not being able to sleep much last night due to sheer excitement. I new I wouldn’t see much until at least 10:00am his normal show time was 10:30-1200. Low and behold 9:58 rolls around and here he is for brunch, he slipped in and I hardly noticed him but he never noticed me. As he fed, at my first chance I grabbed my bow I was calm until the bow was in my hands then it all fell apart my heart racing, hands shaking, and knees were weak as if there was a 271” buck in front of me. As he turned slightly away I drew back my bow and said shoot the white spot, however with the massive amount of adrenaline pumping threw my veins my shot was a little high but good. When the 480 grain arrow met its target it never slowed a bit blew right through the lungs of my target buck, nearly knocking him off his feet. He bolted out of sight and within 2-3 minutes I could hear him coughing, then all was silent.

After many thanks to God for the blessings and posting on TBH I got down to track. Blood at the sight of impact was good arrow was covered I had high hopes. After making 10 yards the blood was kinda spotty but I soon found a good pile of bubbles then another, low and behold inside of 40 yards there he lied.

I’m so happy that God blesses me with this deer. Thanks for tuning in and sorry for the extremely long read.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0382.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	24515546Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0384.jpg
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	24515547Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0372.jpg
Size:	140.6 KB