No announcement yet.

Craft Beer Drinkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever since I was stationed in Germany and got to drink real bier, I haven't cared for the tasteless American beers. Many of the micro brewery's brew a very good dark bier or ale that will rival those found in Germany and the British isles.

Comment

I love stouts and porters. Victory at Sea is one of my favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by natvet View Post
        512 Brewery is great if you can find it(only on tap or growler). Especially the pecan porter. Firestone's velvet merlin oatmeal stout is also great. "Art car" by saint arnold is a great IPA
        No bun no satchel
        There a bunch of good breweries around Austin now, hard to pick a favorite. 512 makes a bourbon barrel aged (jack or makers) double pecan porter once a year that a few places get their hands on. Its some pretty dang good stuff.

Comment

Lookin forward to a ten fiddy!

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
            There a bunch of good breweries around Austin now, hard to pick a favorite. 512 makes a bourbon barrel aged (jack or makers) double pecan porter once a year that a few places get their hands on. Its some pretty dang good stuff.

That sounds good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
              Ya’ll can keep your fancy beer, man buns, and jeans with the fancy stitching on the pockets. I’ll stick with good ol’ Coors Light. $22 for a 30 pack.

Is it true you have to hold your pinky finger up when you drink that stuff?

Coors light is what we drank when we were 15, because it barely tastes like beer. lol

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                Soooo true. Doubt anyone here has brewed their own beer. I have. Several times. 7.3% alcohol by volume. Tasted like beer. Would put you on your azz and in a hurry. No honey, vanilla, spice, or any other crap. Just beer. I’ll stick to beer that taste like beer!
                Dilly Dilly!!!

When we go to Colorado or somewhere that has lots of breweries, I usually just end up drinking their lager or regular beer as my wife calls it. I don't mind the stouts, bocks, octoberfests, etc..., but I prefer a good stout lager.

has anybody tried the Budwieser pre-prohibition beer yet? something about a lost recipe or something, with a stronger Alcohol content?

Comment

Originally posted by dapperdan View Post
                  soooo true. Doubt anyone here has brewed their own beer. I have. Several times. 7.3% alcohol by volume. Tasted like beer. Would put you on your azz and in a hurry. No honey, vanilla, spice, or any other crap. Just beer. I’ll stick to beer that taste like beer!
                  Dilly dilly!!!

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
                  dilly dilly!!

Comment

If yall ever get the chance to make it Belgium the Trappist beers over there are worth the trip alone.

Comment

I had one today that reminds me of any light beer from bud, Miller or Coors . This is boddingtons nitro English pub ale. To light for my liking.

Now one of these equals a twelve of light beer.
                      Founders doom.

Comment

This year's Backwoods ******* is on the shelves. Grab y'all some.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward F View Post
                          [ATTACH]879545[/ATTACH]
                          Either that a old picture or you have a hell of a lot more willpower than me. That BA Ten Fidy is releasing first of Nov and I will for sure have my eye out and checking out all the Specs here in town.

You look like a beer hoarder like me.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas276 View Post
                            Either that a old picture or you have a hell of a lot more willpower than me. That BA Ten Fidy is releasing first of Nov and I will for sure have my eye out and checking out all the Specs here in town.

You look like a beer hoarder like me.
                            I hate Spec's on the limited release bum rush. I find I have more success with Total Wine. What part of town do you work in? I'm in the med center.

Comment

All i drink is local craft made in Texas. Its kinda a pride thing. I also brew my own. Next up is a blueberry blonde ale with all local ingredients. I'm sippin on a Blue Owl Spirit Animal (sour pale ale). Jeff at Blue Owl is the man at sour mash!

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                                I hate Spec's on the limited release bum rush. I find I have more success with Total Wine. What part of town do you work in? I'm in the med center.
                                I think that's just the nature of limited release beers, as far as the bum rush goes. It probably happens at any place that has the beer and advertises it.

I won't wait in line for beer though.

Something else that will burn your bits....is that Spec's would hold the limited release beers in the back.....and unless you knew they were holding it, you wouldn't know to ask for them. Horse ****...enough folks complained they are not allowed to do that any longer. Now they just need to put a limit on employee purchases.

Comment

Working...
                                X