No announcement yet.

Ethical? What are your thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not only an unethical shot but disrespectful to the animal. To some killing an animal is a sacred primal experience. Some people just like to kill things for the fun of killing things with no respect to the animal.

Comment

Never, but we don’t know the story. Maybe he was aiming at the vitals and the buck quickly turned as he released, highly improbable that it happened that way, especially right dead center of the skull but you never know.

Comment

Those are the same type of people who find it humorous to shoot a deer in the head with a hollow point and watch their head explode. I refuse to associate with people like that.

Comment

no way. shame on them

Comment

Not no but hell no! I use to take my family camping to Hillsboro State Park. There was a young buck that would frequent our camp and we would feed him corn (back when it was okay). He had been shot in the head with an arrow and survived. The arrow was still lodged in his head and the wound had healed around it. Made me sooooo mad I almost gave up hunting all together. Almost!

Comment

I personally wouldn't take that shot. Mainly because I'm not that good.
              But if you have the skill and confidence then why not? I've seen the same shot or the ear hole shot on pigs and those people get praised for it. What's the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                Pure stupidity
                I'm going with this...

About the second week of bow season I always catch myself thinking about and feeling sorry for all of the crippled deer that are now running around the woods that were not just a few weeks ago and the numbers grow from here.. Most could be avoided but some can't.

This reminds me of why I think these thoughts....
                Last edited by PondPopper; 10-25-2017, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                  Where was he aiming, to begin with?
                  Deer was broadsided at about 35 yards. Aiming for the heart. Deer had his head down feeding. It turned and raised his head toward the sound, then wack!

Comment

Does that not ruin the mount?

Comment

Great shot!!

Comment

I would not take that shot under any circumstance, not the least of which being that I'm simply not confident enough in my own abilities to risk it.

Comment

No way. I've seen way to many botched head shots with a bow (gun too.)

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                            Great shot!!
                            Hard to argue with that

Comment

Not even with a rifle

Comment

I wouldn’t take the shot. But if I somehow ended up with the bolt in the skull like that it would definitely stay in skull mount that way. My old roommate stuck a doe in the same spot with a crossbow years ago. I was in the blind with him and the doe was broadside. We both couldn’t figure out how it happened. Made for an easy track.

Comment

Working...
                                X