This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by junkmanhunter View Post
    Hypothetically speaking, stand set up on property where hunter didn't have permission???
    Yes

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
      I know I never said Travis could do no wrong. I said he must have done what he thought was right. Until I hear different from him I’ll believe that.

Everyone?? Me thinks not...

Right on Michael

Michael may not, but I’ll say it. You sir, are an ***!!

Yup, he’s an ahole. Plain and simple
      He is feeding off of speculation and innuendo. Might be all true, might be partially true, may be totally untrue. Why don’t we wait for the story?? Asshats like him just have to spew...
      What exactly have i "spewed"? Further, I haven't speculated anything, simply stated what is known truths which is:

The man claims to walk a higher path, shoots a deer & asks for prayers on recovery, finds the deer, measures'm up, takes some smiley pics, deer gets confiscated & has been crickets everywhere from him ever since.

Again...no need for the mystery machine here Shaggy!!

As for reveal....i've never really been one to duck/hide (even if in silence), so never really have much to reveal i guess
      Last edited by RodinaRanč; 10-24-2017, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
        Iā€™m not sure 175 is looking at these critters the same way as others on here do. He clearly sees this deer as sustenance on hooves, not 271ā€¯ of chocolate bone.
        I don't have any serious issue with a poor man taking an occasional "questionable" deer to feed his family. In this case that would seem like a bit of a stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post

Again, I have no dog in this fight Dale...just gotta be weird for the mods. What would you do in such a high profile if it was your site??
          Absolutely nothing as long as the discussion is civil. You're the one making it weird and probably causing them some stress with bickering to be honest. Everybody else is just discussing a dead deer.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
            Why? Because someone thinks we should get all stupid over a deer with big horns?
            Well, unfortunately people do get all stupid over deer with big horns, and typically the fines are adjusted accordingly.

Comment

Why? Because someone thinks we should get all stupid over a deer with big horns?

I guess if people weren't stupid over deer with big horns this deer might still be alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m not sure 175 is looking at these critters the same way as others on here do. He clearly sees this deer as sustenance on hooves, not 271” of chocolate bone.
                I just don't see what everyone is getting so wrapped up about. I don't care where he killed it or when he killed it as long as he had permission. It's a deer, an animal that God put here on the earth for us to kill and eat.

How many of you that are getting all switterpated about this deer shot birds with BB guns? That's illegal too, but since it's a deer with big horns we have to make a big stink over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post

Again, I have no dog in this fight Dale...just gotta be weird for the mods. What would you do in such a high profile if it was your site??
                  I didn't see the original thread, when was the last time someone had a "legal" story?

Why is it weird? The law thinks the guy screwed up enough that they've had the deer for a couple weeks....if he's guilty, he's guilty. If he's not, he's not. Nothing here is gonna change that...speculation happens every day about many subjects. This situation clearly will draw speculation. I personally don't see the point in deleting threads about it, short of personal attacks. It's not my call though, I'm sure Michael has his reasons.

Comment

I just don't see what everyone is getting so wrapped up about. I don't care where he killed it or when he killed it. It's a deer, an animal that God put here on the earth for us to kill and eat.

How many of you that are getting all switterpated about this deer shot birds with BB guns? That's illegal too, but since it's a deer with big horns we have to make a big stink over it.
                    Then go shoot you a dozen greenheads tomorrow...

Comment

Potential Texas state record whitetail buck alledgely poached and being discussed on one of texas's largest hunting forums and your wondering why people are interested? LOL

Comment

Why do I feel like we will eventually see a GoFundMe page with a target goal of $50k....

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                          I guess if people weren't stupid over deer with big horns this deer might still be alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          You know, I can't argue with you on this. I may just have a jaded look on this whole situation. I have killed a truck load of deer over 160" and don't care if I ever kill another deer, doe or buck. I just like to take my boys hunting now and I do my best to teach them that no deer is better than another..........

shot over a spotlight or not !

Comment

Why do I feel like we will eventually see a GoFundMe page with a target goal of $50k....
                            LMAO so wrong and too soon but funny as hell

Comment

a good portion of the discussion on this website revolves around deer with big horns. The vast majority of its members are obsessed with deer with big horns. It's not shocking at all that many members are currently getting "all stupid" about this buck. It's the buck of a lifetime (many lifetimes, actually), and there are several people on here that knew about this buck well before it was killed. If it was a 120-inch buck, nobody would be making a big deal about it, because 90% of us have killed deer like that. But it's not. And to hear that it was possibly (probably) taken illegally is a big deal to most hunters, especially those who follow the rules and can only dream of a shot at a deer that size. To dismiss it as "just some deer" would be like comparing wrecking your '92 Honda Accord to wrecking a '65 Shelby Mustang because "they're both just cars."

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                Then go shoot you a dozen greenheads tomorrow...
                                If they were here already I would !

Comment

Working...
                                X