This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
    It's an effing deer....no different than a cow or a goat. He killed it and I don't care how he killed it or when he killed it as long as he wasn't trespassing when he did it.

Somebody said it earlier that deer will make people do stupid stuff. I agree, they will make guys break the law and make guys sound off like someone raped a 3yr old. Ya'll make shooting a deer after dark sound like murder just because the "law" says it not right.

What the eff are you gonna do the next time we have a democrat house, senate, and president and they ban guns? You gonna turn yours in and rat out all your neighbors that keep theirs because they are breaking the law? Lots of deer get killed at night...as long as they get eaten what the crap does it really matter?

Kinda like duck limits...I can go duck hunting 2 times per season and shoot 8 greenheads each trip and I am a poacher, yet a guy can hunt all 74 days and kill 5 greenheads a day (370 birds) and he is golden. And just so ya'll can flame me, I shot 6 cat squirrels in June that were chewing on my eaves.. My wife fried them and made bisquits. Should I call Mr. Greenjeans and turn myself in.....cause I really feel guilty about it? .....or is a deer just different?

I disagree. This was a world class deer hunted legally by others. It was a deer that would go down in history, a deer that would generate revenue from replicas, photos, story's, books, and even sold for tens of thousands for just the mount.

Some of you don't get how serious THIS deer is.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      That’s 8 months for y’all counting with your fingers.

And it’s a slam dunk case so...??

So, I have the over and under thread count sitting around 22.
      We're already halfway to that and it's only been a month... I'm going with at least 38!

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
        Might wanna read up a few posts.
        I don't know they guy and it doesn't effect me one way or the other. Just don't understand all the drama over a **** deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
          I disagree. This was a world class deer hunted legally by others. It was a deer that would go down in history, a deer that would generate revenue from replicas, photos, story's, books, and even sold for tens of thousands for just the mount.

Its a freaking deer, no different than the millions of others that are roaming all over the state. His backstraps cut 1" thick rubbed with olive oil, sprinkled with sea salt and course ground black pepper are just like all the others.

Comment

A deer that has been taken from us, the state, and can never be anyone's trophy now.

Comment

271" buck

Originally posted by Artos View Post

It's just flat out wrong for someone to come on here, say they have some muscle about the facts & not back it up. The same goes for those who say he is being railroaded.

Not quite the same.

If you "know" something that implies the man is innocent, there is no harm in saying so.

If you "know" something that implies the man is guilty, and say so...you run the risk of having slandered a man.

So far all the the folks who claim to "know" are either saying what a great guy he is, or "he was just trying to put the deer out of its misery". Or that he killed it illegally.

I've yet to hear anyone "in the know" say he killed the deer in the daylight, on his land, with a bow,...

Thus far, the only one who has put his name on anything he claims to be fact...is Spearchucker....and that holds more weight than the others, as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Dale Moser; 10-24-2017, 09:31 PM.

Comment

I don't know they guy and it doesn't effect me one way or the other. Just don't understand all the drama over a **** deer.
                Fair enough, was just pointing out that the bolded part of your post was actually part of the accusations.

Comment

Its a freaking deer, no different than the millions of others that are roaming all over the state. His backstraps cut 1" thick rubbed with olive oil, sprinkled with sea salt and course ground black pepper are just like all the others.
                  The deer in question is a lot different from the longhorn spike eating corn on the feeder behind my house right now, even if you can cook their backstrap with the same recipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    Not quite the same.

If you "know" something that implies the man is innocent, there is no harm in saying so.

If you "know" something that implies the man is guilty, and say so...you run the risk of having slandered a man.

So far all the the folks who claim to "know" are either saying what a great guy he is, or "he was just trying to put the deer out of its misery". Or that he killed it illegally.

I've yet to hear anyone "in the know" say he killed the deer in the daylight, on his land, with a bow,...

Valid.

Comment

I pretty much have, don't you guys see it?

Poached, shot after dark, tresspassig when shot.

There you go. Ban me if I'm wrong.

Oh, and his last years 190" deer is now in question.

Fine will be 50k plus.

And if any of you recall when the very first thread started...who let you know it wasn't a good story and tpwd had the deer?

Hypothetically speaking, stand set up on property where hunter didn't have permission???

Comment

So there are millions of other deer that could make a man 500k over his life selling its replicates, picture on coffee mugs, posters, calendars act?

Dang I suck at hunting, I can't find a one.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                          The deer in question is a lot different from the longhorn spike eating corn on the feeder behind my house right now, even if you can cook their backstrap with the same recipe.
                          I’m not sure 175 is looking at these critters the same way as others on here do. He clearly sees this deer as sustenance on hooves, not 271” of chocolate bone.

Comment

You must have missed the original...I've seen posts since this started claiming it was a legit kill & also poached.

Again, I have no dog in this fight Dale...just gotta be weird for the mods. What would you do in such a high profile if it was your site??

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            Not quite the same.

Comment

The law applies to it the same, as does the grill....but it is different from all the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                                Why? Because someone thinks we should get all stupid over a deer with big horns?

Comment

Working...
                                X