Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do as Dale said and go with Cognito with UCA replacements

Comment

Level kit $100, alignment $100 if it's worth $200 to do the labor then I'd do it.. I did mine in 1.5 hours.. 1 hour for the drivers side 30 min for the passengers side.. I ended up spending another $100 to do the rear blocks about a year later.. only thing I will say is my gas mileage tanked.. I did get bigger tires and did this on a 1/2 ton..

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        On some trucks the factory keys just won't crank up past "stock"as much as others, because they come see differently from truck to truck. The aftermarket keys are indexed differently to provide a little more for those trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Sure. And a lot of factory keys will get you close or to level. Point was however you arrive at your desired height will net you the resultant ride short of going to a real lift.

Comment

This, go Cognito and never look back

You don't need to drop the diff for just a leveling kit.

I've been through this with 3 different trucks, about to be 4.

Get the cognito kit WITH the replacement upper A-arms, they will correct the ball joint geometry when you adjust the torsion bars. They will also change the bump stop clearance. The bump stops are what makes them ride so rough if you JUST adjust the torsion keys. New torsion keys are not usually necessary. I would also opt for the longer shocks, rather than shock extenders, I've just had better luck that way.

I achieved 2.5"-3" lift on my last 2 trucks AND kept factory ride quality by using the Cognito kit WITH the upper control arms, AND the longer shocks.

I'll be doing my new truck before too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
            Sure. And a lot of factory keys will get you close or to level. Point was however you arrive at your desired height will net you the resultant ride short of going to a real lift.

Unless you take the proper steps and use a good leveling kit, which will result in a factory ride quality, and a lift in the 2-3" range.

Comment

I had my '06 Duramax leveled,and I swear a fully loaded Yeti squatted it.Never again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                I had my '06 Duramax leveled,and I swear a fully loaded Yeti squatted it.Never again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

What exactly did you expect when you leveled it?

Comment

That is a huge concern. I pull a 5th wheel fairly often and do not want it messing with that aspect.

Comment

What exactly did you expect when you leveled it?

Dale have you ever added air bags to yours? I'm wanting to add a leveling kit but will be towing and don't want it squatted on my 17.

Comment

leveling 2015 Chevy 2500HD

My dad did for his 5th wheel. They worked great for that, but roughened the ride when empty. You are supposed to leave 5 psi in them because they replace the bumpstops. I would have just run them empty, but...

When I level mine I'm gonna put a 1" block in the back too.
                      Last edited by Dale Moser; 10-21-2017, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice guys!

Comment

Working...
                        X