No announcement yet.

Slick Trick vs Ramcat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slick Trick Mags fly really well. Ramcats fly better. I like them both a whole lot. I will say that the Ramcats penetrate better with lower poundage bows. I don't know why, but they do.

Comment

Ramcats

Comment

I shoot 125gr heads. Hunted with both. Killed deer and pigs with both. Shot both out to 100yds. Ramcats pattern better for me at that distance. At whitetail hunting distance they will perform almost identical. Both are awesome.

Comment

Ramcats

Comment

Havent yet tried ramcats, but 100gr slick trick mags are poison to whitetails. Really good holes and good easy trails to follow.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I just bought some ramcats for this year. Haven't shot anything yet, but with that being said they are the best flying fixed blade I have seen. I have shot them out to 50 yrds and they are field tip accurate.

Comment

RAMCATS RAMCATS RAMCATS. Fly straight and true just like field points. I shoot the ramcat diamondbacks. Very tuff

Comment

I haven’t shot the Ramcats yet but I ordered some for this season. I have been shooting the slick trick magnums for years now. They’re accurate and get the job done. The only reason I’m switching is because they’ve jumped on the bandwagon with all the other companies making the same exact product $40 for three heads when they used to be half that price.

Comment

Slicktricks

Comment

Ramcats, but either of them are outstanding heads.

Comment

I like Slick Trick Viper tricks. Never shot Ramcat. They work out of a crossbow too. This eeekend my son shot a doe in the heart.

Comment

I tried Ramcats a few years ago, accurate yes but dulled extremely bad and double lung punch in the pocket led to a 300 yard trail with very little blood. Not sure if they forgot to temper those blades or what but my butter knives are sharper than that head was after going through her it was a double lung hit.

I have used several different broad heads in almost 40 years of bow hunting Slick Tricks, Montecs, Muzzie, Wasp, Kolpin, Bear or Magnus broadheads I have never seen blades that dull from going through one small doe.

Comment

Ramcats

Comment

Originally posted by kmon View Post
                              I tried Ramcats a few years ago, accurate yes but dulled extremely bad and double lung punch in the pocket led to a 300 yard trail with very little blood. Not sure if they forgot to temper those blades or what but my butter knives are sharper than that head was after going through her it was a double lung hit.

I have used several different broad heads in almost 40 years of bow hunting Slick Tricks, Montecs, Muzzie, Wasp, Kolpin, Bear or Magnus broadheads I have never seen blades that dull from going through one small doe.
                              Why does the sharpness or dullness of the blades matter after a shot/passthru or whatever?

Comment

I have been shooting SlickTrick mags for several years, and have not been impressed with the bloodtrails. Switchback XT, FMJ, 100gr STmags.....Always a passthru! I've killed quite a few axis & a couple whitetail with them, and they are freaking sharp. I've cut myself a few times...LOL.

I have been thinking about switching to Ramcats, but haven't due to no time to shoot my bow. Heck...I've been working so much this year, that I haven't even bought a liscense yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X