No announcement yet.

Father & Son Live in Polk County!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow this is great! Need to change the title to "Fathers and sons". I bet he's just as excited as he looks. I'll be checking back to see what Talen drags out on his next hunt. Congrats again we're so happy for y'all!

Comment

Congrats! Great looking deer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats! Great looking deer!

Comment

I got on a east texas lease back in 2001. The pasture rider had a good friend that was always out there with him and we chased hogs with. This man's name was Gilbert. Now, I was a young dad who knew nothing about hunting deer in east texas or on a lease. I just wanted my kids to enjoy the outdoors and learn to hunt.

Fast forward to today. I'm scrolling through this story and come to the picture of Dad and his buck. "Holy cow, Tyler come here!" What was Jerry's buddy name that hog hunted with us? Look! " I don't know but thats him!" Quick pm to Hsbtgarcia and it was confirmed. His dad is the same guy that treated my kids and I like family and taught us something every time we saw him. I mean always a smile on his face and would always go right past me to shake my kids hands first.

So happy for him, it truly couldn't have happened a better man.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
            I got on a east texas lease back in 2001. The pasture rider had a good friend that was always out there with him and we chased hogs with. This man's name was Gilbert. Now, I was a young dad who knew nothing about hunting deer in east texas or on a lease. I just wanted my kids to enjoy the outdoors and learn to hunt.

Fast forward to today. I'm scrolling through this story and come to the picture of Dad and his buck. "Holy cow, Tyler come here!" What was Jerry's buddy name that hog hunted with us? Look! " I don't know but thats him!" Quick pm to Hsbtgarcia and it was confirmed. His dad is the same guy that treated my kids and I like family and taught us something every time we saw him. I mean always a smile on his face and would always go right past me to shake my kids hands first.

Brian
            He’s a fine fella for sure. Pretty cool story there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hsbtgarcia View Post
              What an awesome hunt!!!!

I told Dad to leave his gun in the truck today because he was shooting mine. I shot his gun yesterday and it was on sights, but he is pulling a 6# trigger and I'm pretty sure that's his issue on top of buck fever.

We had action all morning. Every buck we saw was chasing a doe this morning. Dad & I weretalking about all the deer we had saw, 18 total, when he stopped and said, "I see a buck chasing a day out there." I throw the Binos up and see a buck 100 yards to our North in the timber chasing a doe. And I mean right on top of her. He wasn't letting her take a breath without him.

I tell, Dad get your gun he is a shooter. As the doe is making her way thru the timber toward us, I'm coaching my dad, breath slow, squeeze the trigger slow, take your time, let the shot be a surprise. It was a neat feeling because I remember him telling me those same exact words 30 yrs ago.

I picked an opening. Pointed it out to Dad and said, when he gets to that spot I'm gonna stop him and you kill him. It couldn't have played out any more perfect than it did. The doe crossed, the buck stepped out, i grunted and he locked up, head up, ears alert. It seemed like it was taking my dad forever. I could hear him breathing heavy and I knew he was worked up & nervous. Just as I was asking, can you see him? BOOM!!!

The buck folded in half. Dropped in his tracks! I swear I cut a backflip in that box stand. We were both squeeling like little girls. High fives, hugs, fists bumps, and even some tears.

This was a hunt of a life time for me. I witnessed my dad kill his best deer to date. To watch your mentor, hero, teacher, best friend succeed at something that they taught you to do, is an unforgettable experience. I will cherish this hunt forever, and I hope he does too.

Thanks for following along. I really appreciate the positive comments and support from everyone.

Awesome. Well done and nice buck. Big congrats to your dad.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post

Brian
                Thanks Brian!
                It's really awesome to hear he had such a positive impact on you and your family. I really appreciate the compliments.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                  Great write up, great hunt and a great buck, it just get much better than that! Huge congrats to your Dad
                  Thank you sir!

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  Awesome Redemption hunt! Congrats
                  Yes sir. Redemption is sweet!

Originally posted by TWOHunter View Post
                  Congratulations Heith ! Cool story and it's awesome you got to experience this with your dad.
                  Thanks Chad.

Originally posted by nimrodajh View Post
                  Wow this is great! Need to change the title to "Fathers and sons". I bet he's just as excited as he looks. I'll be checking back to see what Talen drags out on his next hunt. Congrats again we're so happy for y'all!
                  Thanks Adam. You can bet if Talen gets the opportunity, something will take a dirt nap.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                    “You know Ol Deets... He ain’t one to give up on a garment ‘cause it’s got a little age on it.”

-Gus McCrea

Outstanding, proud of the old man! His boy ain’t half bad either.
                    Hahaha! He'll take that comparison!
                    You ain't talking about Britt are you?

Comment

Awesome hunt! Been following along and what memories y'all made! Congrats to your dad!

Comment

Awesome write up! And great buck! Congrats to your father!

Comment

Originally posted by Hsbtgarcia View Post
                          Hahaha! He'll take that comparison!
                          You ain't talking about Britt are you?
                          Of course I am.

Comment

Awesome Thread

Comment

I knew it was just a mater of time.

Congrats to your Dad on a really nice buck.

Rwc

Comment

Way to go!!! That’s a heck of a buck, congrats to you and your pops!!

Comment

Working...
                                X