New Career/Baby On The Way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by megger89 View Post
    It doesn’t hurt to try. I worked at Academy before I got hired on. Having a positive attitude helps a lot.
    Ya you never know. Do you have a degree?

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
      Ya you never know. Do you have a degree?

Yes sir! I have a degree to be an operator, but I like the AC and my beard so I got a job in the lab. I get to have both. HR told me that my work ethic got me job.

Comment

Good luck, hope something works out for you. I’ve been in plant operations for a while, it has gotten me a great start in life, but I am ready to move on from the shift work. Tired of missing holidays, ball games, and other family stuff. It’s hard to get anything working day shifts in operations.

Comment

Originally posted by megger89 View Post
          Yes sir! I have a degree to be an operator, but I like the AC and my beard so I got a job in the lab. I get to have both. HR told me that my work ethic got me job.
          Man all I can do is put in my application and pray.

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
            Good luck, hope something works out for you. I’ve been in plant operations for a while, it has gotten me a great start in life, but I am ready to move on from the shift work. Tired of missing holidays, ball games, and other family stuff. It’s hard to get anything working day shifts in operations.
            Thank you sir. I am only 25 and am about to have my first kid I am ok with shift work. Offshore you miss all of those events on top of not seeing them every day and if something happens to him or her you have to wait on a helicopter ride to take you to land then a driver to pick you up take you to the airport wait to get on a plane and so on. I know that is a part of working offshore but that is a reason I am trying to get out while I am young and get some experience under my belt in these plants.

Comment

Your welcome bump for you. Look at Exelon they have an O&M tech-mechanical at their plant in Wharton, Tx. I interviewed there twice a while back before they sold the old part of the plant. They still have a really big 2on1 combined cycle that’s pretty much brand new

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
                Your welcome bump for you. Look at Exelon they have an O&M tech-mechanical at their plant in Wharton, Tx. I interviewed there twice a while back before they sold the old part of the plant. They still have a really big 2on1 combined cycle that’s pretty much brand new
                Thank you I will check it out. Putting in a application never hurts!

Comment

My thoughts exactly

Comment

Working...
                  X