• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump working nights offshore.

Comment

TTT

Have applied multiple place still waiting to hear back

Comment

Still looking. Have a few interviews lined out for when I come home from offshore but still keeping a eye out for opportunities

Comment

I'm keeping an eye out for you. Something should pop for you before long. Are you looking forward to that wedding in June?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

maybe look into the oilfield manufacturing side?

I went in straight out of college and made it through the downturn -- Houston has a lot of manufacturing capacity and there are lots of roles in those companies that require little to no experience -- shipping/receiving - admin type work - inside sales (if you're good with microsoft office and angry customers)

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
              I'm keeping an eye out for you. Something should pop for you before long. Are you looking forward to that wedding in June?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thank you Johnny I have 2 interviews lined up for this time when I come home so maybe I will get a good offer. I have put in about 70 applications in the past 17 days and that is no exaggeration something will come up eventually!

June is coming fast! haha

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
                maybe look into the oilfield manufacturing side?

I went in straight out of college and made it through the downturn -- Houston has a lot of manufacturing capacity and there are lots of roles in those companies that require little to no experience -- shipping/receiving - admin type work - inside sales (if you're good with microsoft office and angry customers)
                I have looked into it. Lately I have been looking more into the production side of things. I have a interview with Energy Transfer as a Plant Operator C position so hopefully that pans out. I also have a interview with Center Point Energy.

Comment

center point is a good company to work for my dad has been there over 39 years in east texas more money other places but has had a steady job no worries about layoffs etc

Comment

There's a position available in Operation for Dow Chemicals in Seadrift Requisition # 1802987. It will be standard shift following the DuPont Schedule.

Or even check the other site. There's a lot of openings.

Comment

Just curious, what position are you interviewing for with centerpoint?

Comment

You should try surveying, it’s crazy busy out west.

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
                          Just curious, what position are you interviewing for with centerpoint?
                          Meter Tester and Installer

Comment

Originally posted by megger89 View Post
                            There's a position available in Operation for Dow Chemicals in Seadrift Requisition # 1802987. It will be standard shift following the DuPont Schedule.

Or even check the other site. There's a lot of openings.
                            Man, I been trying to get on at DOW for a awhile. I do not think my resume is good enough for them yet I am trying to get on at a smaller plant and get some experience.

Comment

Originally posted by thebowhunters View Post
                              You should try surveying, it’s crazy busy out west.
                              Haha Are you still out there Bill? Once you are away for so long somehow in some way a part of you misses it.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
                                Man, I been trying to get on at DOW for a awhile. I do not think my resume is good enough for them yet I am trying to get on at a smaller plant and get some experience.

It doesn’t hurt to try. I worked at Academy before I got hired on. Having a positive attitude helps a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X