416# Boar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walker View Post
    Who knows? Nothing for comparison., but a #400 wild hog is about as rare as a million dollar scratchoff.
    I'd wager rarer that that. I have learned long ago to take what someone tells me a hog weighed and subtract 50lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      416 pounds. LOL Who has a scale that goes over 300# where you can read it to the nearest pound?
      I have 300 lb scales that weigh to .1 lbs. and 5000lb scales that weigh in 1 lb increments. Pretty common for scales, unless they are cheap mechanical scales from Walmart. Now, has his scale been certified or calibrated?

Big pig no doubt, but I don't think it looks like it's 400+. But if he claims 416, that's an odd number to make up rather than 400 or 420 so it may be legit, who knows.

Comment

I have my doubts that it over 400#s but judging the size off pictures is hard so it is possible. Here is a comparison to a 310# boar.
        Attached Files

Comment

Whatchall think? 300? 350?? 400???

How about 232!!!

Comment

416 is in the ball park. Figure that dude is 190-200 himself, and that hog is twice as thick as he is. Sure, why not. It's a hunting story bro, relax...

Comment

I'd say around 300.

Comment

Does not appear to be anywhere close to 416.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by lonestarag View Post
                  416 is in the ball park. Figure that dude is 190-200 himself, and that hog is twice as thick as he is. Sure, why not. It's a hunting story bro, relax...
                  Do I not seem relaxed?

Comment

I bet each one of his huevos weigh 25#.[emoji23]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
                      I have my doubts that it over 400#s but judging the size off pictures is hard so it is possible. Here is a comparison to a 310# boar.
                      Not a good comparison. In your pic, the guy is behind the pig. In his pic, he's actually in front of the pig. At close ranges, camera lenses can seriously distort proportions. So, in your pic the pig looks artificially large compared to the person, but in his it actually looks smaller. The best way to get an accurate proportion pic is to stand right next to it, equidistant from the camera.

As for whether or not it weighs 416#, no idea. It's really big to be sure, but a simple pic with the scale clears these things up. Also, not hard to believe he could weigh it to that level and accuracy, because my scale tops out at 440#.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                        Whatchall think? 300? 350?? 400???

How about 232!!!
                        Same issue here, you're considerably behind the pig making it look artificially larger than it is.

Comment

I've seen some whoopers in person. Id say they were 250ish. My thoughts are if a hog is running around 20 hours a day and sleeps 4. There is no way it gets to 400 pounds. With constant movement like they do I can't see it. Now a pig on slop and feed that has escaped from somewhere yes.

Comment

Nah maybe 275. They always look bigger than they are. Mighty fine beast but not a 416# one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just under 300lbs . Just over 300 lbs. This one came in last night guessing 275-300lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by TTU TX Hunter View Post
                                [ATTACH]878105[/ATTACH]
                                [ATTACH]878106[/ATTACH]

I truly believe 90% of people over guesstimate on the weight of pigs. How much do y'all think this pig weighs? I'll post up a pic of the scale after we get some answers.
                                That pig weighs a lot I can tell. I mean when he laid down in the bed of your truck he broke the tailgate off, so you know he is big.

MY OFFICIAL "WAG" = 310

Comment

Working...
                                X