Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain how a stress test can cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your have chest pains walk into an ER and get the full work up. I know it takes awhile, but a true stress test takes 3-4hrs plus better safe than sorry.

Comment

NO mri is that cheap. Had on done on my neck and shoulder cause I thought I had a pinched nerve and xray would not show if it was. Had numbness on left side of neck when turn certain way and would go away when turning back. Mri didn't even show anything but I had plenty of stress when got a bill for $9700.

Comment

I hear a funeral cost around 10,000 now days. You choose.

Comment

I have had 2 done and insurance covered both. Kinda weird yours won't. Wow

Comment

my Dad had the stress test a month or so ago

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
              Be glad it wasn't the nuclear stress test.
              Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
              No Kidding. I'll never do one of those again. It is actually a chemically induced heart attack. Thought for sure I would croak right there on the table. Doubled over in pain.
              I’ve done 2 of these, the second was worse than the first. Definitely not a ride you want to get on daily.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
                I have had 2 done and insurance covered both. Kinda weird yours won't. Wow
                He might be too young.

One of our old agents said they had issues a few years ago where doctors where pretty much suggesting stress test on everybody. Healthy young adults were getting them done and they were charging the insurance about $7k for them. Insurance caught on and started denying them.

He told us a story of a new thing they were getting where a 3rd party group was going into doctors offices and offering blood test at no cost to the patient. They pulled a couple vials of blood and said they would test for a myriad of different things then bill the insurance company. This agent, curious what was going on, called the company rep and talked to him. They do the test, bill the insurance something like $10,000 for it. About half of the insurances deny it immediately because it was unnecessary. 25% of the insurance companies settle for a much lower cost, the other 25% pays the full amount. Still a viable business model even though they don't get paid for half of the test they run.

Comment

Treadmill stress should only be about $350. Nuclear stress with myoview is about $10k. That's the approximate cost where I work.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                    Treadmill stress should only be about $350. Nuclear stress with myoview is about $10k. That's the approximate cost where I work.
                    Why do you charge so much for your services?

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                      So the insurance company will pay them a decent amount for what they do, they will get under 1K most times for that charge after the insurance company adjusts down. I pay under $200 out of pocket for my stress test and the insurance company pays my doc around $500.

Comment

I have had four CT's and MRI's this year and wife has had six of each and our insurance has paid 100% plus xrays and all lab tests

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                          Troll alert

Comment

You should see the price tag on a blood test, and a few bags of fluids through an IV!

Comment

It cost a guy i worked with his life, damage must have been irreversible

Comment

Insurance covered mine completely other than co-pays (BCBS)

Blood Tests
                                Urine Test
                                EKG
                                Heart imaging
                                Treadmill Test

I would have paid whatever to gain the peace of mind I received. I have had a benign heart condition since I was 18 (almost 32) and this heart doc found it where 2 others missed when I was young(er)

Comment

Working...
                                X