No announcement yet.

Thirteen Vol. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would live in a pop up blind till he was dead or the end of the season, good luck

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
      He came in on Halloween morning also, something with 31st's and 13th's haha.. Ya he's very impressive in the daylight! The plan is to hunt every day I can for the next 2 weeks. Since he shows up so randomly I'm just going to have to be there all the time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
      Have you thought of trying any rattling or a daytime scrape dripper? Just thinking out loud so to speak.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
        Have you thought of trying any rattling or a daytime scrape dripper? Just thinking out loud so to speak.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
        I have yet to do any type of calling on that property... guess it wouldn't hurt. Could try that late morning maybe in the last 30 mins of the hunt, we'll see.
        Was actually just discussing a scrape dripper with a buddy this afternoon, never used one so not familiar with how successful they can be. It is an option, but I think the window for scrape hunting is closing fast.

Comment

Have u thought of staying the night in your tree stand? Gotta take chances for deer like that! lol man I know where my azz would be on december 13!! Rain, sleet, snow, or hail! Good luck man I would just be careful of wind and entry and exit the next 2 weeks. Should be up on his feet in daylight maybe after this next front comes in later this week? After a little rain...

Comment

Originally posted by stringmusic View Post
            Have u thought of staying the night in your tree stand? Gotta take chances for deer like that! lol man I know where my azz would be on december 13!! Rain, sleet, snow, or hail! Good luck man I would just be careful of wind and entry and exit the next 2 weeks. Should be up on his feet in daylight maybe after this next front comes in later this week? After a little rain...
            He stayed the night in his stand last year. Not killing this stud has NOT been because of a lack of effort on Brads part

Those daytime pics are stunning...looking forward to LDP's of the beauty

Comment

I’d be willing to bet that he would respond to rattling. That’s a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                He stayed the night in his stand last year. Not killing this stud has NOT been because of a lack of effort on Brads part

Those daytime pics are stunning...looking forward to LDP's of the beauty
                I know i was kidding. Ive been following this the whole way through. I need some closure so my production can go up a little!

Comment

Originally posted by stringmusic View Post
                  I know i was kidding. Ive been following this the whole way through. I need some closure so my production can go up a little!
                  Aha I'm with you on needing some closure I think I've been more excited about this deer than I have my own hunting this year 😂 of course, not having a lease may be contributing to this a little.

Comment

Ambushhhhhhh! What's the word sir?

Comment

Ambushhhhh! What's the word sir?

Comment

Oops, I guess I'm so anxious I just wrote the same thing twice

Comment

Ready for updates as well. I've been following this buck for two seasons

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
                            I have yet to do any type of calling on that property... guess it wouldn't hurt. Could try that late morning maybe in the last 30 mins of the hunt, we'll see.
                            Was actually just discussing a scrape dripper with a buddy this afternoon, never used one so not familiar with how successful they can be. It is an option, but I think the window for scrape hunting is closing fast.

I would be careful introducing anything new to the area. I can say that I have pushed more mature deer away, than attracting them in east Texas using scents, attractants, etc. it seems like those mature bucks don’t like change or any new scents to “their” area.

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                              I would be careful introducing anything new to the area. I can say that I have pushed more mature deer away, than attracting them in east Texas using scents, attractants, etc. it seems like those mature bucks don’t like change or any new scents to “their” area.

Yep leave it be. The time will come where you will be in the right place at the right time. It will all come together it’s just a waiting game at this point with a lot of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any updates. Don’t tell me he isn’t hunting today. Especially after the cool front blowing in

Comment

Working...
                                X