Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    I'll try it if I ever find some.

My dad says it was not uncommon for my grandad to set down with a pound of raw ground beef and a pepper shaker and eat the whole pound of burger with a spoon.
    good grief!!

never even heard of it, but would like to try it. anywhere around NETX make it?

Comment

No thanks.

Comment

Oddly enough I was thinking about this last night. I have been wanting to make some venison pat'e and parisa crossed my mind. I would try it for sure.

Comment

Anybody know someone who has gotten ill from eating this?

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
            I make some every year from fresh backstarps out of my deer. If I know I will be killing a deer I bring the ingredients with me to the ranch and make it while I am there. Good stuff! I don't trust the meat market stuff and I have also found that the meat market don't make it hot enough
            Yup, this all day...

Comment

Just asking for a sickness eating raw meats.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                Dziuks in Castroville is pretty solid.
                Fake news.

Dziuks is awful now a days. Nasty throw up looking mush lol

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                  Just asking for a sickness eating raw meats.
                  You have a higher chance of getting salmonela from a fresh salad than getting sick from parisa.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                    I could use a tapeworm, maybe lose a few lbs. Nice nipples on that primary host lol
                    All my beef is insufficiently cooked, rare steaks and such.
                    ha ha ha ha. x2

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                      You have a higher chance of getting salmonela from a fresh salad than getting sick from parisa.
                      Did I say anything about salad ?

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                        Fake news.

Dziuks is awful now a days. Nasty throw up looking mush lol
                        Seems like you're the only one who I have ever heard anything negative about Dziuk's.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                          My kids and I have been eating Parisa once every couple weeks for years. Not once has anyone had a problem. It needs to be very fresh. We eat it the same day we buy it. After that you can throw it in a skillet for tacos. Ours never makes it more than a day.

Comment

Not sure if that's what got my Dad or not but he never ate it again and it was his favorite treat.

He loved the stuff and we would get it every time we went to our place in Utopia.

He was 75 that year and we stopped and picked up a batch. While I was straightening up the cabin he was outside eating his Parisa with Ritz crackers lol. I didn't eat any that evening.

We had grilled ribeyes that night with baked potatoes and went to bed. The next morning he was really sick throwing up and had the runs too. No fever or anything just stomach problems. He was sick most of the day and night.

Anyway he recovered but decided that he might be too old for Parisa and never ate it again.

Was it the Parisa? I don't know, it could have just been a stomach virus but I never got sick and I never ate any of the Parisa and I haven't had any since that incident.

I look at it like this.

Since stomach acids can't kill 100% of pathogens, why would anyone think that lime or lemon juice can?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              ...My dad says it was not uncommon for my grandad to set down with a pound of raw ground beef and a pepper shaker and eat the whole pound of burger with a spoon.

Yeah...but that was during the Depression when fire was being rationed.

Comment

Looks like I have something new to find and try

Comment

Working...
                                X