Every thing crossbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROCKET View Post
    For those looking for an awesome scope for the money Wyvern creations sells a Excalibur 30 mm illuminated Tact zone scope that allows you to dial in each aim point to exact yardage for bows shooting 275 to 410 fps, also comes with rings and flip up caps for $100 ! the scope is the best bang for the buck, he does not advertise them on his site so you will have to call and ask.
    Ordered mine today! Thanks for the info!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' G Ranch View Post

Awesome, they are super easy to sight in, and I think you'll really enjoy it for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' G Ranch View Post
        I’ve been trying to order one of the Excalibur scopes from Wyvern for the past 2 days, but can’t get anyone to answer their phone. I’ll try again next week.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Double-O-Dave View Post
          I’ve been trying to order one of the Excalibur scopes from Wyvern for the past 2 days, but can’t get anyone to answer their phone. I’ll try again next week.

Regards,

Dave

Leave him a message or email for quickest response, I know he gets busy this time of year but is usually pretty good at returning calls. Let me know if y'all don't get a response by tomorrow as I believe I still have his cell

Comment

And as far as arrows you can support one of our site sponsors ( Live Oak Archery ) as they have a large assortment of black eagle arrows as well as ton of bow stuff if your in the college station area.

Comment

Always think about safety.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtoKbjbRDxw"]WHAT CAN HAPPEN TO YOUR FINGER IN A CROSSBOW - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Anyone with tips for quieting a Barnett raptor fx3?

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                  No doubt. You'd think they'd have a vertical fore grip, just be sure.

Comment

Shot a doe yesterday with the sniper 370 / black eagle / ramcat combo, I can't say how happy I am with this combo, I have talken a hog, bobcat and now 2 deer this month with it and all recovered within 30 yards. Good luck guys and for those that where upgrading their scopes let us know how it worked out .

Comment

Good thread. I wanted a xbow this year and bought an inexpensive Barnett on sale at Academy. I shoot groups of arrows touching each other at 20 and 30 yards, and 1" groups at 40 and 50 yards. I don't care to shoot farther than that, so I am very happy. No issues with the trigger, it seems fine. but I am not one to really analyze things, if basic functions work, I am happy.

Bought some bolts and Montec fixed broad heads at Dicks and they work perfect for me. The bolts were not expensive, I believe they were $30 for 6 of them.

So far I have shot a nice Aoudad with it, heart shot, and it went less than 20 yards

The one thing I might do is change the scope. I would like the ability to dial it in at yardages above 20 and not have to guesstimate between the horizontal lines.

Comment

Been running a Super Coil the last few years. Don't really use it that much cause my hunting has slowed way down the last few years. Did shoot a spike with it last year on one of the five days I deer hunted. And a 200lb boar the year before. Like you Rocket, the trigger is to be desired, when accustomed to nice triggers on firearms .

Comment

Will regular Rmacats work with a crossbow, or would I need to purchase the crossbow ramcats. I am shooting a Sniper 370

Comment

Originally posted by Bowdacious View Post
                            Will regular Rmacats work with a crossbow, or would I need to purchase the crossbow ramcats. I am shooting a Sniper 370

Yes regular ramcats work out of the sniper, a lot of broad heads say they are for crossbow, but in fact they are the same and Is just a marketing ploy, except with mechanicals like rage, grim reaper , nap etc all have a stronger retention system so the initial force of your shot does not cause a premature blade deployment during flight.

Comment

Got my Exclibur Tact Zone scope. Problem was the dovetail base on the rings are for a 1" rail and Barnett puts 5/8" base on their crossbows. Luckily I have a gun shop 10 minutes from the ranch and they had the adapter that I needed.
                              Barnett published speed for the Predator is 375 fps so that's what I set the scope. Zeroed it at 20 yes and it was dead on at 30, 40, 50 and 60 yds.
                              The scope clarity is very good at all distances. I like the red/green illumination but I could not see it very well in daylight. It will be great in dawn/dusk situations.
                              Thanks, Rocket for the recommendation!

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKET View Post
                                Yes regular ramcats work out of the sniper, a lot of broad heads say they are for crossbow, but in fact they are the same and Is just a marketing ploy, except with mechanicals like rage, grim reaper , nap etc all have a stronger retention system so the initial force of your shot does not cause a premature blade deployment during flight.

The difference between crossbow and vertical bow fixed broadheads are the diameter of the broadhead where it makes contact to the shaft of the bolt or arrow. one or 2 64ths will not make much difference in the real world but some will try to tell you it will.

On the mechanicals the retention device is stronger, before that was changed or if you try shooting compound mechanism heads they will sometimes open before they leave the bow, too much torque on acceleration. Before we had the "crossbow" versions I tried some rage and you could hear them whistling all the way to the target and the bolts would hit severa inches off at 20 yards

Comment

Working...
                                X