No announcement yet.

Kitchen cabinet cost per linear foot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anybody living north of Houston needs a dependable, honest and talented cabinet man, I have a buddy that is very very good and affordable. He lives in Shepherd and has traveled up to 2 hrs away to build custom cabinets for people that I recommended him to. Shoot me a PM if you want his contact info. I'm very careful about who I will recommend to someone but Roger is good people and very good at what he does.

Comment

We got about 3’ of water in the first floor. Unfortunately we like most people in our area did not have flood insurance (we do now). We feels repairs and contents are going to be $120k to 150k... Our contractor has budgeted $40k for cabinets and trim.
      I can understand the situation. Our house was 6 months old when Ike hit, 32" of water and no flood insurance so I have been down that road. Please PM if you need any info or advice. We have had insurance since Ike but it's been slow getting things done as we had to wait a long time for an adjuster to come inspect.

Definitely shop around and make sure the contractors know it's not an insurance job and they will cut you some deals. I had a quote in June for new floors in our home as we left our tile after Ike, (only powerwashed, steam cleaned and resealed and they were fine). The told the wife she had a choice, new floors or new car and she picked the car, lol. Anyway, that exact same floor quote, from a long time friend, since insurance was paying, went up almost $5K. Now, I was getting a deal already so the demo of the old wood & tile was super cheap, but since insurance was footing the bill, he went to regular price plus some.

Also, please make sure you use Concrobium on all your exposed wood, it's good stuff. I used it after Ike and it was mold free when we opened up the walls last month. Neighbors that didn't or used the home made mix had mold all over the place.

Again, PM for any info.

Comment

On the issue of whether or not to buy flood insurance---check prices for your house/location. You may find that the cost of flood insurance if you are not in a flood zone is way less than you may be expecting, and having it buys a lot of peace of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
          On the issue of whether or not to buy flood insurance---check prices for your house/location. You may find that the cost of flood insurance if you are not in a flood zone is way less than you may be expecting, and having it buys a lot of peace of mind.

For sure, it was only $450 for the max coverage on my house that flooded. My parents house that is 5 miles away and never flooded is $1,500 a year for the same coverage. Doesn’t make much sense but it’s definitely worth checking on. My home was on the line of 500 and 1000 year flood plain so never say never.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            I can understand the situation. Our house was 6 months old when Ike hit, 32" of water and no flood insurance so I have been down that road. Please PM if you need any info or advice. We have had insurance since Ike but it's been slow getting things done as we had to wait a long time for an adjuster to come inspect.

Definitely shop around and make sure the contractors know it's not an insurance job and they will cut you some deals. I had a quote in June for new floors in our home as we left our tile after Ike, (only powerwashed, steam cleaned and resealed and they were fine). The told the wife she had a choice, new floors or new car and she picked the car, lol. Anyway, that exact same floor quote, from a long time friend, since insurance was paying, went up almost $5K. Now, I was getting a deal already so the demo of the old wood & tile was super cheap, but since insurance was footing the bill, he went to regular price plus some.

Also, please make sure you use Concrobium on all your exposed wood, it's good stuff. I used it after Ike and it was mold free when we opened up the walls last month. Neighbors that didn't or used the home made mix had mold all over the place.

Again, PM for any info.

Thanks for the offer, will pm you as we come across questions.

We did spray quite a bit with both concrobium and shockwave. Everything looks to me mold free and should stay that way once the walls are sealed up.

Comment

No way to answer- I just had uppers and powers made for my kitchen- it was over $10k and paint trade. Then painted. Had epoxy type paint. That was another $7k.
              Probably could have went to a far lesser product and turnkeyed it for $7k

Comment

We've got about 110lft of lower & uppers combined of custom Knotty Alder cabinets. Uppers/lowers are panel doors except kitchen uppers and they have Flemish glass. They turned out great! I've only got about $10.5K in them, but they were done by a very good friend. Here a few pics I have on my phone. Dang, middle one is sideways.
                Attached Files

Comment

Dang this is starting to concern me as to whether I have enough in my budget. $250+ installed unfinished adds up quick. What would a finish similar to this add for the kitchen?

The remaining cabinets can be paint grade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    No way to answer- I just had uppers and powers made for my kitchen- it was over $10k and paint trade. Then painted. Had epoxy type paint. That was another $7k.
                    Probably could have went to a far lesser product and turnkeyed it for $7k
                    Wow $7K just for the paint? How many feet of cabinets did you have?

Comment

118 ft plus an island

Comment

I purchased, assembled, painted and installed my own stain grade cabinets. 1/2 plywood with birch. Soft close, 42"uppers, for under 3 grand. I have 60 sq.ft. of counters.

Comment

I build custom homes in ETx and ours are averaging in $115 per linear foot.

Comment

Following

Comment

here are pics of mine- cabinets were about $10k paint $7k countertops/sinks $16k

hope it pays off in he end when I sell
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X