No announcement yet.

Archery Only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'd all have a new state record if that guy that shot the 271" would have used a crossbow. Don't Hate!!

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
      So are they legal or not in Grayson, Collin, Dallas and Rockwall during the archery only season?
      Nope...

Comment

Originally posted by HunterDan2006 View Post
        I believe that is the question. If a crossbow is not archery then why is it allowed during archery season. If it is archery then why is it not allowed in "archery only" counties. Maybe there is logic in there somewhere but I don't see it.
        Money, and then there is "sense".

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
          Crossbow

Important notice: Crossbows are lawful for any person during the Archery-Only Open Season in all counties except Collin, Dallas, Grayson and Rockwall counties, where no person may use a crossbow to hunt deer during the Archery-Only Open Season unless the person has an upper-limb disability and has in immediate possession a physician's statement that certifies the extent of the disability. An upper-limb disability is a permanent loss of the use of fingers, hand, or arm in a manner that renders the person incapable of using a longbow, compound bow, or recurved bow.
          Originally posted by DarrellS View Post
          Off of TPWD website.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SMDH

Make the regs crystal *** clear

Don't have some mistake filled/misleading app make it appear that you can use a crossbow or archery equipment all season

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
            SMDH

Don't have some mistake filled/misleading app make it appear that you can use a crossbow or archery equipment all season
            I agree.

If I didn't know the rule I would have stopped looking when I looked up the regulations by county. When I looked at Grayson and the same thing you posted, I went to the hunting regs and looked up "means and methods". That is where I found the regulation I posted. It is pretty ridiculous. TPWD website has always been a joke.

I tried to the find the regs for civil restitution the other day, long before this current buck situation, and the they are impossible to find.

In this day, every law should be available online with searchable keywords.

Comment

To the original question, it doesn't make sense to me either.

Comment

I have a one bow and two crossbows mainly for night hogging but to say shooting crossbows accurately is easy is not true for the dedicated shooters who strive for 3 inch groups at sixty yards is attainable with bows but really hard with a crossbow free hand I've tried but my go to will always be a bow a compound never in a million years could I do that traditional

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
                  When you shoot a crossbow, it's not archery. That's my thinking
                  Yep, only reason we have xbows in October is Rick Perry's rich friend wanted it...

Comment

Crossbows do not belong in "archery" season...period! X-bows are not archery!! But we've beat that horse to death.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                      SMDH

There are other things that don't sync up in the .pdf of the outdoor annual vs. the online app version of it, tpwd needs to get their sh*t straight

Comment

i liked the old rule too

Comment

I don't squat to pee and have killed well over a hundred whitetail, some Mule deer and an elk, numerous hogs and javelina with vertical bows (long bow and compounds) in the past 50 years. Had to go to a crossbow when my back wore out. I've killed over forty whitetail with my crossbows. I now shoot Excalibur exclusively. I own three at the moment. Be careful how you criticize. I've loosed a lot of arrows in my days and hope to loose many,many more. Shot archery for years with the NFAA field archery tournaments. At one time I shot for Hoyt, ran a professional archery shop for years. Crossbows keep me in the deer stand when otherwise I would have to stay home. I like having deer within close range and if this artificial hip, arthritis and prostate cancer don't get me I will continue bow hunting any way I can. I honestly hope all of you can last as long as I have flinging arrows instead of bullets. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by MisterB View Post
                            I don't squat to pee and have killed well over a hundred whitetail, some Mule deer and an elk, numerous hogs and javelina with vertical bows (long bow and compounds) in the past 50 years. Had to go to a crossbow when my back wore out. I've killed over forty whitetail with my crossbows. I now shoot Excalibur exclusively. I own three at the moment. Be careful how you criticize. I've loosed a lot of arrows in my days and hope to loose many,many more. Shot archery for years with the NFAA field archery tournaments. At one time I shot for Hoyt, ran a professional archery shop for years. Crossbows keep me in the deer stand when otherwise I would have to stay home. I like having deer within close range and if this artificial hip, arthritis and prostate cancer don't get me I will continue bow hunting any way I can. I honestly hope all of you can last as long as I have flinging arrows instead of bullets. Cheers

Tongue in cheek.....don't be offended by the squatting to pee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X