Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Fellow TBH'er killed possible state record????????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
    Isn't that the "norm" 'round here?
    yup Clint...

I've received some text about how it supposedly went down but will not say anything until I know for sure.

Travis is a good guy and if something went wrong I pray it was an honest mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Most bowhunters keep their arrows there....
      holy **** that was well timed .....
      !! rofl !

Comment

bwahahaha i just thought they looked funny

Comment

In

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

smart ***

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
              In the scenario that a person shoots a buck on Private Property and the buck runs onto government property, such as Hagerman and dies, what would be the protocol to recover the buck without being accused of poaching on government property? I would assume calling the game warden first would be a start.
              Contact Government Property main office and possibly GW before tracking over to Government Property. Show location of shot maybe. Not sure proper protocol but that's what I would do.

Very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by smart View Post
                most bowhunters keep their arrows there....
                lmao

Comment

so before I get bbq'd not saying this is related BUT this report from a week ago or so on TPWD:

Bagged and Tagged

Grayson County game wardens were tipped off about a white-tailed deer that was shot with a firearm in an archery-only county in November 2016. The wardens confronted the individual at his home and questioned him about the big buck. The subject eventually admitted he killed the deer with a pistol, after several shots, and then tagged the deer as being harvested in Fannin County. The deer was seized and several citations were issued. The cases are pending. The deer scored over 177 inches under the Boone & Crockett scoring system, netting a civil restitution value of over $10,000.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                    yup Clint...

I've received some text about how it supposedly went down but will not say anything until I know for sure.

Travis is a good guy and if something went wrong I pray it was an honest mistake.
                    This ^^^^^^, cause speculation is better!

Comment

Ok one of you guys who knows the story...

Click image for larger version

Name:	spillthebeans.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	24514315

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                        In the scenario that a person shoots a buck on Private Property and the buck runs onto government property, such as Hagerman and dies, what would be the protocol to recover the buck without being accused of poaching on government property? I would assume calling the game warden first would be a start.
                        I hunted next to a state park for years. If a deer went over into the park, we would call a ranger. We then would take them to where the shot was made and they helped track the deer.
                        Last edited by Goldeneagle; 10-11-2017, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                          Ill start the first line of the new narrative.

"so there I was, 2 am, spotlight in one hand and rimfire rifle in the other"

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          In the back seat, all the Kardasians sisters were high on X....
                          I had just finished quartering a 10 inch spread 4 point I killed with 6 other does when I see this toad of a deer just the other side of my neighbors fence.
                          Last edited by Ætheling; 10-11-2017, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JBT View Post
                            so before I get bbq'd not saying this is related BUT this report from a week ago or so on TPWD:

Bagged and Tagged

Grayson County game wardens were tipped off about a white-tailed deer that was shot with a firearm in an archery-only county in November 2016. The wardens confronted the individual at his home and questioned him about the big buck. The subject eventually admitted he killed the deer with a pistol, after several shots, and then tagged the deer as being harvested in Fannin County. The deer was seized and several citations were issued. The cases are pending. The deer scored over 177 inches under the Boone & Crockett scoring system, netting a civil restitution value of over $10,000.
                            2016? That was last year

Comment

Bagged and Tagged

This is not the same incident

Comment

Bagged and Tagged

This deer scores more than 177". Don't see Travis doing this either.

Comment

Working...
                                X