Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    DEATH to the NFL!

Bring on soccer. GGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL!

Pick another sport TD.

Visit ESPN for soccer live scores, highlights and news from all major soccer leagues. Stream games on ESPN and play Fantasy Soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
      So, everyone boycotted with the position of "NFL, do something about this or we wont watch any more!"

Now that they are doing something about it, you still are ticked off and boycotting.

I watch football to get away from the everyday mumbo jumbo. I hated the fact that the players wanted to kneel and disrespect our nation and flag. But as long as their employer was willing to turn a blind eye, they had every right to do so.
      Those few players who knelt, i dont agree with, but it has not and will not stop me from watching. If i boycotted every single person and organization that disagrees with my beliefs and ideals, i would be a lonely and boring individual.
      I wouldn't have a truck as the lean holder/banks are corrupt. I wouldn't pay my taxes as the government is corrupt. I would hardly be able to go out and do something with the family or eat at a restaurant that didnt have some liberal leanings. I would not have tv to watch to wind down in the evenings.
      Its getting out of hand.
      Actually, the boycott was because NFL did nothing when it started and maintained that position of doing nothing.
      Some of think its as important a stand to make as the players who think they are doing the right thing.
      Difference is, their job is in a organization that is directly affected by how we the fan spend our money and time.
      An effective protest creates change... what change did they make with how they chose to protest...
      Other than their organization realizing the fans dont give a **** about their politics and that they are there to play a ****ing game for our entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
        Pick another sport TD.

Visit ESPN for soccer live scores, highlights and news from all major soccer leagues. Stream games on ESPN and play Fantasy Soccer.

Oh hail!
        Can't support the NFL, can't support golf because of Tiger, can't support soccer now, can't support NBA, baseball is boring as hail.....boxing / mma is rigged.....gotta find something else to be mad about and whine daily

I see dancing with the stars and the voice is popular on this site........naa, I still have testicles
        Last edited by Traildust; 10-11-2017, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Oh hail!
          Can't support the NFL, can't support golf because of Tiger, can't support soccer now, can't support NBA, baseball is boring as hail.....boxing / mma is rigged.....gotta find something else to be mad about and whine daily
          whoawhoawhoawhoaWHOA!!!!!! SLOW YOUR ROLL THERE!!! .................................................. .................................................. ...................................... you could NEVER support soccer......

Comment

[QUOTE=Traildust;12810191]DEATH to the NFL and especially soccer!!

FIFY.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              whoawhoawhoawhoaWHOA!!!!!! SLOW YOUR ROLL THERE!!! .................................................. .................................................. ...................................... you could NEVER support soccer......
              Actually....soccer has to be the stupidest sport since curling!

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
                Maga
                You know, Trump did force this issue. I'm glad he did.

Comment

More action, less flopping in curling.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                    As ratings drop to below The NBA ratings, the NFL is taking it hard in their pockets. So much so that Goodell came out and said this:

[emoji23][emoji1474]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    This is what I got when I followed the link....

Comment

Soccer we agree on but leave curling out of this

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                        This is what I got when I followed the link....
                        worked here...

The NFL has developed a plan to "move past" its ongoing debate about player protests during the national anthem and could enact it next week, commissioner Roger Goodell wrote Tuesday in a letter to all 32 teams.

Goodell made it clear in the letter, obtained by ESPN's Adam Schefter, that he wants players to stand during the anthem. He did not provide specifics on how he intends to ensure it, but he wrote that it would "include such elements as an in-season platform to promote the work of our players on these core issues."

The issue will be discussed, and likely acted upon, during the NFL's regularly-scheduled fall meetings on Oct. 17-18.

LeBron telling Love his position 'not unusual'

Levy says Golden Knights pregame ceremony was 'powerful'

Jackson: Embiid worthy of $148M contract

What is D-Rose's potential in Cleveland?
                        sc
                        In the letter, Goodell said he wanted to end the controversy by agreeing on a uniform approach for all teams.

"Like many of our fans," Goodell wrote, "we believe that everyone should stand for the national anthem. It is an important moment in our game. We want to honor our flag and our country, and our fans expect that of us.

"We also care deeply about our players and respect their opinions and concerns about critical social issues. The controversy over the Anthem is a barrier to having honest conversations and making real progress on the underlying issues. We need to move past this controversy, and we want to do that together with our players."

The NFL's current anthem policy states that players "should" stand for the anthem, but it stops short of requiring it.

The proposed new policy is the result of "many of discussions with clubs and players," Goodell added.

President Donald Trump has called on NFL owners since last month to fire players who do not stand for the anthem, saying their protest "disrespects the flag" and the country. The issue intensified last weekend, when Vice President Mike Pence walked out of the 49ers-Colts game because more than 20 players from the 49ers kneeled during the anthem.

Players involved in the protest, which began in 2016 with 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, have said they are protesting police brutality and racism -- not the flag itself. But many NFL owners have grown concerned about the appearance of unpatriotic acts and, on Sunday, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he would bench any player who kneeled.

Comment

Using the flag and anthem as a platform for protest is no different than burning the flag in my opinion.

Comment

Bring on Monday night Curling!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Ratings do not include streaming or watching some place other than your own television. I think the cord cutters are skewing the numbers.
                              I think they lost a few fans <10% with the protests. But half those fans will come back if they stop the protests. If they try and keep politics in the game. Then they will see a steady decline of fans. Look at Hollywood's numbers. Hollywood made everything political and they are tanking.

Comment

DEATH to the NFL!

Bring on soccer. GGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL!
                                Im with the death of the NFL but you need to calm the **** down on that soccer ****.

Comment

Working...
                                X