Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

NFL Boycott is working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WCB View Post
    If the owners don't agree with Goodell they can fire him. But they won't...
    think they just re-upped him ...again..

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
      If the owners don't agree with Goodell they can fire him. But they won't...
      They wont fire him for the same reason they cant discipline the players. They sign these contracts where they get paid out if you fire them. Wish I could get a contract like that. They have literally nothing to hold over their heads.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
        They wont fire him for the same reason they cant discipline the players. They sign these contracts where they get paid out if you fire them. Wish I could get a contract like that. They have literally nothing to hold over their heads.
        Fines.
        But they have to mean something....not 10-25 or 50K fine... like 250K... like 1M.....

but they wont...
        Nothing will happen until the bottom line is hit.
        Nothing.

The players are making their choice..we each have to make our own... if it works out...great if not... no big loss.
        They are entertainment. Jesters, at best.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          Fines.
          But they have to mean something....not 10-25 or 50K fine... like 250K... like 1M.....

but they wont...
          Nothing.

The players are making their choice..we each have to make our own... if it works out...great if not... no big loss.
          Exactly a 10 or 15K fine to those guys is like a hundred bucks to the average person.

Comment

NFL doesn't have guaranteed contracts - you get cut, you don't get paid.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              Fines.

but they wont...
              Nothing.

I just hope after the bottom line is hit and the NFL comes out with all their BS reasons the people remember they had plenty of time to do the right thing.
              People should know 100% at this point every change in the future to retain what they have left or get people watching again is BS.

I can hear it now from the masses though. NFL decided to do right so I'll watch again. No, they said what needed to be said to get gullible people back to watching their games.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                yep, bad for nfl players, great for Gordon heyward and bobby bonilla

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                  Cut for what reason? Other than going to Jail they get paid. Injured and cant play anymore, paid. Coach doesn't like your attitude and tells you're fire you are paid.

Just read up on it. So depending on what the agent draws up and gets the team to sign they can put that a certain amount of money is guaranteed. So many good players are going to get 75 percent plus of their contract regardless. That's a problem.
                  Last edited by Ætheling; 10-19-2017, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Cut for what reason? Other than going to Jail they get paid. Injured and cant play anymore, paid. Coach doesn't like your attitude and tells you're fire you are paid.

Just read up on it. So depending on what the agent draws up and gets the team to sign they can put that a certain amount of money is guaranteed. So many good players are going to get 75 percent plus of their contract regardless. That's a problem.
                    Wow, sounds alot like European employees contracts overseas. PURE BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                      I will say one thing.........if NFL players are influencing someones child (next generation) WE all have bigger issues as a nation!!!
                      But children ARE influenced by NFL players and other athletes also. Hell I was one of those children back in the 60's. I grew up roaming the streets of Oak Cliff, getting in trouble, fighting, etc.. Then one day at school, we had an athlete come speak at our school. That was all I needed. Started playing football, got my grades back up and just plain got straightened out. The athlete? Bob Lilly. Greatest man to ever put a helmet on. So, if you don't think athlete's have a big influence on children, you need to get back in your silo.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                        But children ARE influenced by NFL players and other athletes also. Hell I was one of those children back in the 60's. I grew up roaming the streets of Oak Cliff, getting in trouble, fighting, etc.. Then one day at school, we had an athlete come speak at our school. That was all I needed. Started playing football, got my grades back up and just plain got straightened out. The athlete? Bob Lilly. Greatest man to ever put a helmet on. So, if you don't think athlete's have a big influence on children, you need to get back in your silo.
                        It's like when people say TV doesn't have an influence on children. Just turn off the TV...like that would work because there's no other TVs outside of ones home.

Comment

You are going straight to hell if you're trying to compare Bob Lilly to a Kapernick.

Hi Randy!

Comment

Lol.....congratulations that is a great story that you were "straightened out" by someone that actually does not have that responsibility in life.[emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] Better than the police for sure and becoming a ward of the state!
                            If you believe some guy/gal that can jump, run, catch, swim better than I can is "responsible" for my child we are doomed. Yes......I will eagerly stay in my silo and LEAD my child as ordained by God to do![emoji6] [emoji111]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                              You are going straight to hell if you're trying to compare Bob Lilly to a Kapernick.

Hi Randy!
                              Naw. Lilly got into the community and actually made a difference.

Whats up Charles?

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                                Lol.....congratulations that is a great story that you were "straightened out" by someone that actually does not have that responsibility in life.[emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] Better than the police for sure and becoming a ward of the state!
                                If you believe some guy/gal that can jump, run, catch, swim better than I can is "responsible" for my child we are doomed. Yes......I will eagerly stay in my silo and LEAD my child as ordained by God to do![emoji6] [emoji111]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                                You seem to be confused between "responsible" and "influence". Lilly was not responsible for me, but he was an influence. I'm sure somewhere down the line, you were also influenced by someone that was not responsible for you. I'm out.

Comment

Working...
                                X