Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Time To Get Out of Town...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck of a ram. Congrats!

Comment

Great write up and congrats to both of you, dream trip for sure!

Comment

Thanks for the great write up guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm pretty sure the red dot is where your ram got it.

Comment

Great hunt and recap, guys! Makes me want to book something, somewhere.

Comment

Sounds like a blast, going to have to look into this.

Comment

Congrats to the both of you! Great pictures and recap as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Treylog View Post
                  The trip back to the lodge was bittersweet knowing it would be the last time we would venture back into those mountains. Hopefully we can make it back sometime in the future.

Sorry if I got long winded but I feel like I'm always on here following everyone else's hunts and want to contribute. As Dale already said I can't say enough about the outfitter, guide, cook and accommodations. If this is on your bucket list I highly recommend them. Everyone should get a chance to experience this country at least once in their lifetime.
                  You should post more often! Great write up! Congrats on the ram too.

Comment

Originally posted by Treylog View Post
                    After high fives and congrats we headed down to him. The first shot was a little far back and was likely due to him to taking a step or two and apparently slightly quartering away. Either way I was extremely excited and proud we got him down.

A little far back? At 325, I would have been happy to just hit hair...

Congrats amigo.

Comment

Congratulations, Dale Moser and Treylog! I really enjoyed both write-ups - felt like I was riding along for much of it! What an awesome trip!

Comment

Time To Get Out of Town...

I've been looking back over this thread today...because I just love that place so much. And I realized I hadn't answered a few questions.

My ram is not very heavy, but taped out a shade under 32", 11 1/2 years old.

I think Trey's was just under 30" with quite a bit more mass, and I think 9 1/2 or 10.

Both trophys, and we saw more...

As far as eating them, our guide said coyotes and buzzards rarely eat them.

The main reason I'm replying is all of the "bucket list", and "I'm considering doing this..." posts... Guys...DO IT! Don't wait, don't think about it anymore...BOOK SOMETHING! I'd reccomend Dessert Safaris, but book it with someone. It's challenging, it's beautiful, it's rewarding...it's all you want...EVERYTHING. You'll have a hard time convincing me that you can do better than Dessert Safaris though..

I promised myself as we rode in with Trey's ram strapped to the front of the Auodad 1, that I would bring my son to this ranch to hunt Aoudad for his 18th birthday.

It's all just bad ***!

Last edited by Dale Moser; 10-18-2017, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Great coverage! Congrats to you both.

What's the story with the buggie (Auodad 1?)? That looks like quite the machine.

Comment

Hell of an adventure, gentlemen. I applaud both of you for getting it done!

Comment

what was cost?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                I promised myself as we rode in with Trey's ram strapped to the front of the Auodad 1, that I would bring my son to this ranch to hunt Aoudad for his 18th birthday.

It's all just bad ***!

Brady and Jackson are about the same age, and I am fairly certain they will graduate HS the same year... Say When!!!

Congrats again to you and Trey, what a great hunt and better recap!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X