Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Bud... Heckuva Goat!!!

Comment

What was the elevation on average? Mule deer hunting with Desert Safari in a month, your thread has me pumped!

Comment

Heck of a hunt !! Congrats to both of you on true trophy animals.

Comment

Looks like a fun trip, congrats to both of you!

Comment

WOW, what a ram and great story w/great pics. congrats

Comment

Dear eight pound, six ounce, newborn baby Jesus!

That's a toad, Dale! Congrats! Big time, congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by chrigging View Post
                What was the elevation on average? Mule deer hunting with Desert Safari in a month, your thread has me pumped!
                I'm not positive, he said the highest point on the ranch was 6800ft, but they have several ranches. I would guess we probably got up to 6000 or so. The majority of the mule deer I saw were in the valleys, some on the low hills. You notice the altitude going uphill, but it's easily manageable. Our biggest problem was that it was over 90 degrees the last 2 days.

Thanks again, everyone!

I think Trey is gonna try to hammer out his story sometime today.
                Last edited by Dale Moser; 10-17-2017, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Good trip! Congratulations on the studs!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats! Gorgeous pics.

Comment

That's awesome Dale, congratulations!

Comment

I've been slammed trying to catch up at work. For those that don't know me I’ve been a longtime member of the green screen and although I don’t post much anymore I like to drop in and follow peoples live hunts especially this time of year. I haven’t had the opportunity to experience a hunt of this nature before and thought I’d tag onto Dale’s experience and add a few additional pics. This trip included a lot of up/downs personally but was by far one of my greatest hunting experiences that I won't soon forget.

As Dale mentioned, it was a late night deer camp discussion that started this about a year ago. Often these conversations are not remembered nor ever brought up after the fire goes out. It just so happens the next morning we woke and confirmed we were going Aoudad hunting. Over the next few months we started researching areas, outfitters, the budgets, etc. There were a few that stood out. We decided to spend a few extra $ for accommodations and trophy potential. After passing a few text/emails with few outfitter we had our hunt booked for October during the rut. Fast forward……

Comment

It wasn’t until I received the text from the outfitter, as we rolled into Sweetwater, of a nice mature 33-34” ram that things started to sink in. We were headed to the Davis Mountains to hunt 104k acres for giant Aoudad! Rolling southbound out of Coyanosa the anticipation just grew as did the mountains in the windshield. Dale called ahead and got a hold of the cook (Tracy) and told her we were crossing I10 and we be should be there in 30 minutes or so. Her response was “it’ll probably be 45min once you get to the gate”. We pulled off the highway and entered the ranch and began another 12 mile journey to the hunting lodge. According to the outfitter the ranch had received around 9” of rain a few weeks earlier and the roads showed it. We took our time and with every turn there was another spectacular view of large rolling hills which gradually got taller. While I focused on the road Dale quickly started spotting mule deer which further delayed our arrival. The sightings increased the further we drove and the higher the hills grew. As sheer rock ridges started to appear atop the hills we made the last turn and spotted the lodge in the distance. Things were getting real.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X