No announcement yet.

Anyone for some tuna action?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great captures, Rob, as always! Okay if I borrow a few?

Thanks for coaching us neophytes and bringing your photo skills. So glad you got to make it after all. This trip would not be the same without your participation and knowledge.

Comment

Killer pixels amigo
      Sure wish I was there.
      I'll tell you what I surfed more TBH on Friday and Saturday than I had in a long time.

Good job men!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey fun fact for you guys...those outriggers are my old outriggers...I gave them to Timmy a few years ago when we bought new ones. I'm glad they get put to good use.

Comment

Anyone for some tuna action?

Originally posted by hog smacker View Post
          Hey fun fact for you guys...those outriggers are my old outriggers...I gave them to Timmy a few years ago when we bought new ones. I'm glad they get put to good use.

Nice!
          Sent you a PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Sparkles; 10-24-2017, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Just made this. Easy but man oh man... It's the best tuna dish I've made so far. Finished the other one also but haven't dug in yet. Will get pictures of it also.

Comment

Black Jack and Black Fin

Fat Triple Tail showed up alongside and ended up getting a gaff and a ride in the fish box. Glen spotted it and it ended up riding the gaff hook.

Escolar top and Blackfin tunas bottom. Old Escolar's eyes glowed in the lights, as it fought the hook. A mouth full of teeth, top and bottom.

Burnadell with top Tuna and the money pot

And Doug with top biggest - other species - sharks are not allowed in this division

Comment

AHI and PONZU - SON!

Comment

Comment

SEA-FI

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post

Those two tacos were delicious for an hour or so before my stomach decided to toss them back over the rail!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        LOL Someone needs to eat some of that fish.

Was it you that brought the lox? Was it smoked salmon or cold smoked salmon? That was good stuff.

I brought it. It was cold smoked

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                          Chuck with his White Tuna - Exlax - Butterfish or Escolar fish. Various names....to con you into eating it and then suffering the wrath of crapping till your guts blow out. Up to 25% oil content in it's flesh, wax ester specifically - it will flat out flush the plumbing out.

CHUCK EXLAX - Hollywood California actor

Very cool catch.

Comment

Originally posted by 99Kilo View Post
                            Next year - escolar sushi with PBR chasers.

Better sew a back door on that Cheer Bear suit.

PBR the only beer on the boat

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              I learned the cracker thing on the boat. And that was my first attempt ever at sushi rolls. And my first time to ever go shop for most items like the seaweed wrap, sweet soy, hot chili sauce etc.

It was all really good. The fresh fish helped the most. Trying this one today.
                              http://www.brokeandcooking.com/blog/...-wonton-crisps

Ok, we didn't care enough for the recipe above so I took it and flash fried it (it's a raw recipe) for about 25 seconds. Then put it over rice and topped it with the sauce from this recipe http://www.snarkandpepper.com/2011/0...amazing-sauce/

Now it's super eating. Still raw in the center but must remove from heat fast, out of the skillet on onto the rice so it stops cooking.

Now I've done enough cooking for one day. Learned a lot and understand why people get hooked on this fresh AHI tuna.

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                              I brought it. It was cold smoked

I will get with you on that! I need to know how to smoke fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                                Very cool catch.

Yes
                                That fish was really interesting

Comment

Working...
                                X