No announcement yet.

Anyone for some tuna action?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready to go again already. Man I love the gulf. Still trying to decide if I want to take on a big boat or just charter and run a smaller CC when I retire. I have a few years to figure it out

Comment

Originally posted by RACK View Post
      What ?

It took me 5 baits and 4 hours to hook that tuna for him and he done gave it away

Well the best way is to never freeze tuna ,either eat up fresh , sushi , tuna steak Sears, jerky is real good if u have a dehydrator, or preasure can it for tuna salad.
      Just don't freeze it what ever you dob
      how come ??? serious...I hadn't yet, but was gonna...

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        Ready to go again already. Man I love the gulf. Still trying to decide if I want to take on a big boat or just charter and run a smaller CC when I retire. I have a few years to figure it out
        We could discuss the pros and cons for days. Holler at me if I can help.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post

I've never had a problem with sealing and freezing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I have frozen lots of tuna without a problem.

Comment

Jealous! Looks like you boys had an awesome time!!!

Comment

Another great adventure with everyone taking home meat! The haul was smaller than other trips, but everyone got on the board. Thanks to old salts, Rack, Atthewall, Kilo, Glen, Doug, Fargus and others for passing the hooked rods to the rookies to get on the board. A collaborative effort all the way around. The seas were calmer than we have encountered on previous trips, but still enough to cause some, uh...discomfort for a couple of us weenies! Nevertheless, another good time; lots of laughs, good eats and comraderie. Thanks to Kilo for coordinating this adventure.

Now...Jacoby? I'm not sure about that boy! He's either real secure in his manliness...or not sure of it at all!!! Pictures to come!

Comment

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    Another great adventure with everyone taking home meat! The haul was smaller than other trips, but everyone got on the board. Thanks to old salts, Rack, Atthewall, Kilo, Glen, Doug, Fargus and others for passing the hooked rods to the rookies to get on the board. A collaborative effort all the way around. The seas were calmer than we have encountered on previous trips, but still enough to cause some, uh...discomfort for a couple of us weenies! Nevertheless, another good time; lots of laughs, good eats and comraderie. Thanks to Kilo for coordinating this adventure.

Now...Jacoby? I'm not sure about that boy! He's either real secure in his manliness...or not sure of it at all!!! [emoji14] Pictures to come!
                    [emoji16] cheer bear !
                    [emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Uhh well its just better if you dont thats all . It will keep frozen Yes,... but frozen tuna taste like frozen tuna . Keep it fresh in vaccume bags on yeti ice as long as you can then preasure cook the rest in hot jars Fresh not frozen .Fresh Tuna sucks up whatever flavor you put on it . Tuna will suck up the frozen taste flavor as well . [emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Daughter got home and we started preparing tuna. Make sushi rolls for the first time..yummy. I sure am full now. She gave me two ways to prepare it for when she gets home from school tomorrow. Wasn't sure she'd eat the raw YFT but once she got started it was all over. She didn't like the cooked tuna steak that much.

Comment

That looks delicious, Tim!

Comment

Dang Tim, how come you didn't show us this talent on board the ship? Looks like you know what your doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                              Dang Tim, how come you didn't show us this talent on board the ship? Looks like you know what your doing.
                              I learned the cracker thing on the boat. And that was my first attempt ever at sushi rolls. And my first time to ever go shop for most items like the seaweed wrap, sweet soy, hot chili sauce etc.

It was all really good. The fresh fish helped the most. Trying this one today.
                              Poke is something you crave. Something you daydream about. Tender chunks of raw ahi tuna, marinated in shoyu, sesame oil, and any combination of chili pepper and sriracha. Other variations of ingredients may include seaweed, green onion, maui or red onion, toasted sesame seeds, furikake, garlic, or

Comment

Looking good Tim. Just Che led out that poke recipe and will definitely be trying that soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X